• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
DISCUSSION ONLY: Friday night/Saturda rain/snow (2/15-16/2013)

famartin

You can name it that, but HM and Adam get the credit, hands down or shovels down.

I didn't punt like Adam (you were the one warning us about it coming back yesterday!!!) but I definitely think someone who has kept up with the developing trends should be the "namer".

The medium range to long range calls by everyone here have been great, highlighting the active Feb very well. Good job all!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't punt like Adam (you were the one warning us about it coming back yesterday!!!) but I definitely think someone who has kept up with the developing trends should be the "namer".

The medium range to long range calls by everyone here have been great, highlighting the active Feb very well. Good job all!

You saw it first. Plus i want to see some more creative thread titles.

Not sure how to quote from another thread but...

"12z GFS still appears to be focusing on the northern stream s/w.  Not seeing improvement in that regard.  Could be right idk... but if it is focusing on the wrong one, forecasts will drastically change by what I would think would be tomorrow 12z since the energy in the Gulf of Alaska is coming onshore today and will have been on land long enough to be adequately sampled."

Not really surprised with what is happening thus far today...  :whistle:

You saw it first. Plus i want to see some more creative thread titles.

I'm not so sure I was the first but who knows...I know a lot of people saw this potential and there have been a lot more adamant people in the last few days warning about it coming back on the modeling than me.  

:axe: :axe: :axe:

Your medium range call was excellent and the proper warnings were heeded over the last few days. Don't beat yourself up over 1 lousy morning.

one more suite with more amplification and this could be fairly substantial... moreso than the blizzard

Agreed. Initially, the AJ wave dropping in forces a close-off over Ontario; but, it drops to New England with the amplifying coastal. If this drop-off can happen sooner, suddenly we are dealing with a major snowstorm/blizzard from PHL-BOS.

Agreed. Initially, the AJ wave dropping in forces a close-off over Ontario; but, it drops to New England with the amplifying coastal. If this drop-off can happen sooner, suddenly we are dealing with a major snowstorm/blizzard from PHL-BOS.

the b word  :wub:

euro up next.

let's see what it sniffs out if anything at all.

yea the trof is a good bit sharper, the whole flow is bit more amplified. The low gets going faster than 0z. I doesn't have h5 vorticity on here as you know so i can't tell with that 

Thank you... what's your take?  Perhaps late in the game to catch on to recent trends in accordance with the others?  12 for 12 on the GEFS is pretty telling.  Something doesn't add up.  

Archived