• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
DISCUSSION ONLY: Friday night/Saturda rain/snow (2/15-16/2013)

famartin

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm somewhat impressed that they were showing this yesterday on TWC, saying that this could be an interesting little "surprise" for the DC - NYC corridor late Friday night into early Saturday.  The fact that they have started showing model output for upcoming storm threats, including the Euro, is nice to see.

I'm somewhat impressed that they were showing this yesterday on TWC, saying that this could be an interesting little "surprise" for the DC - NYC corridor late Friday night into early Saturday.  The fact that they have started showing model output for upcoming storm threats, including the Euro, is nice to see.

Yeah believe it or not they are getting much better when we have snow threats on the east coast. They are constantly bringing in their winter weather experts to go into more detail and talk about the different models and scenarios, etc unlike the past couple of years. So kudos to them for going back to their roots a bit.

Yeah believe it or not they are getting much better when we have snow threats on the east coast. They are constantly bringing in their winter weather experts to go into more detail and talk about the different models and scenarios, etc unlike the past couple of years. So kudos to them for going back to their roots a bit.

I don't think TWC has ever been this nice to weather enthusiasts and they never used model data until recently. They've gone back to their roots and more IMO. They seem to know what to cover and how to track it. There is usually more widespread live coverage during weather events.

They are just responding to a more weather aware population. Social networking and the internet has allowed everyone to track the weather in a more efficient way.

Archived