• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 4

hm8

At least those in the lake effect regions have something to look forward to. After the little flipper/clipper rolls through on Thursday, conditions become favorable for a long duration event from Friday until Sunday. Obviously, it's too early to forecast amounts or jackpot areas, but favorable fetch and decent moisture should do the deed.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least those in the lake effect regions have something to look forward to. After the little flipper/clipper rolls through on Thursday, conditions become favorable for a long duration event from Friday until Sunday. Obviously, it's too early to forecast amounts or jackpot areas, but favorable fetch and decent moisture should do the deed.

I think its overall going to be a boring week, but next week at this time we may be tracking a biggie. Could be wrong, but just looking at the models, hopefully all could be in play for some big snow. I dont want to jinx things, but I dont think it is that much of a stretch to think that March 1st could dawn with Detroit already having locked in an above average snow season and Chicago already having locked out a chance at a top 15 snowless winter.

I hope so. I also hope the winds are a bit calmer. Another nice NW wind event...

With a phase job you want the phase to happen 125-160 miles to your se.

Right. That was a thread the needle job here, and at 180+ hours to boot.

Way way too early to make definitive statements about that storm, but I know which way I'd lean if I had to make a call right now. 

Right. That was a thread the needle job here, and at 180+ hours to boot.

Way way too early to make definitive statements about that storm, but I know which way I'd lean if I had to make a call right now. 

Yeah i figured i would mention that because i saw a few mentioning it.

Oh and looky behind the system you posted about. :weenie: :weenie:

Oh and for everyone else that does NOT apply to other kinds of systems like over running events/ULL aka bowling ball type system etc. Just talking about phase jobs.

I think its overall going to be a boring week, but next week at this time we may be tracking a biggie. Could be wrong, but just looking at the models, hopefully all could be in play for some big snow. I dont want to jinx things, but I dont think it is that much of a stretch to think that March 1st could dawn with Detroit already having locked in an above average snow season and Chicago already having locked out a chance at a top 15 snowless winter.

Chicago needs like 12" more to lock out a top 15 snowless winter. Might be tough to get by the start of March.

Archived