amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys wath channel 7 right now... They'rr showing a road out in Holtsville full of stuck and abandoned cars...!!

Lol I work in holtsville. The office closed at 3 telling everyone to go home...it was way too late. We had 4 inches accumulate between 2 and 4. I heard there were 200 cars stuck down the street from me on North Ocean too

vis down to 1 block, couple hundred feet...

IMO, if it stays like this for a few hours, we should get to 10" and maybe easy. It's absolutely RIPPING outside here as well. Not quite 1/27/11 intensity but a couple inches per hour for sure. Band looks to be setting up in a great spot for western Nassau.

That is an impressive band setting up over Queens and Brooklyn.

Agreed, easily the heaviest snow I've experienced since the February 1-2 2011 Blizzard in Chicago. Up to 4" for the day in College Point, but adding to that quickly now. About to take a walk and see if LGA is even visible across Flushing Bay anymore. 

William would know what the record is around Pt Jefferson.

William?

There is no station in town..I've lived here since 1994...both President's Day 2003 and the 1996 storm put down about 20 inches here....the 12/19/09 storm I measured about 19"...though the NWS co-op (just established in nearby Mt Sinai) had 24".  I would figure the '78 storm put down a little more. 

Archived