• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 4 - 5 Clipper Discussion and Observations

NEG NAO

These 1/4 - 1/2" events are just becoming more of a nuisance than anything. I can't remember the last time we had this many 'events' under 1" in one winter. I guess I had around half an inch but hard to tell. Ground was more covered than I expected.

How is it a nuisance to you? Just curious. You dont have to shovel it or clean off your car. It's just a scenic snowfall with no impact to daily lives and ZERO nuisance.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is it a nuisance to you? Just curious. You dont have to shovel it or clean off your car. It's just a scenic snowfall with no impact to daily lives and ZERO nuisance.

It was a nuisance for me, I had to clean off my car and they didn't even bother to plow the local streets by me which made for a messy commute.

It was a nuisance for me, I had to clean off my car and they didn't even bother to plow the local streets by me which made for a messy commute.

Clean off car? The snow is so fluffy, that I just used wipers and then when I started driving, almost all of it blew off the car.

Pretty hard to plow a quarter of a inch with a highway plow. You live in a area that gets snow , a sugar coating should not be a big deal.

The NAM did, should I go back and find the posts which predicted 2-3" near the coast?

yeah there was too much hugging of the NAM totals which are always overdone, I for one was getting bashed because i dared to say coating to an inch and called a troll.

got a 1/4 inch...enough for us to do salting of our commercial lots and walks, I will take any money at this point

That's why it's a nuisance. Not worth shoveling, I still have to clean off the car and sometimes scrape but yet not enough to cover the ground or stick around for more than a couple hours. At least 3, 4" would cover everything and stick around for a few days so its worth any shoveling, cleaning etc.

Nice inflow off the atlantic, some convergence and some lift coming through the area, would not be surprised to see a spot 2 inch report come in on the island or other coastal locale

Yeah it seems like some surprise Atlantic low level moisture getting dragged in to the flow between clipper one and two. It will be interested to see what happens when better lift arrives with clipper two. Problem for now is marginal temps and insulation. I have legit light snow now and its having a hard time sticking.

Yeah it seems like some surprise Atlantic low level moisture getting dragged in to the flow between clipper one and two. It will be interested to see what happens when better lift arrives with clipper two. Problem for now is marginal temps and insulation. I have legit light snow now and its having a hard time sticking.

Soon as the sun sets you will have no issues, no issues except for a possible or probable lack of precip.

Archived