• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 4 - 5 Clipper Discussion and Observations

NEG NAO

No. I think his forecast is pretty good this time around IMO, but to say he's the best met in NJ when he has been wrong with many storms in the recent past is pretty mind boggling.

alan kasper used to be really into snowstorms... but now he just seems bored by his job.... and almost annoyed when he has to deal with a storm.  overall, i think he's pretty good...... but i've been hearing his forecasts for a very very long time.... i remember as kid seeing him on channel 2 in the late 1970s.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alan kasper used to be really into snowstorms... but now he just seems bored by his job.... and almost annoyed when he has to deal with a storm.  overall, i think he's pretty good...... but i've been hearing his forecasts for a very very long time.... i remember as kid seeing him on channel 2 in the late 1970s.

He's also very south and central NJ centric. He'll usually mention snow in far north and west parts of the state but generally they aren't in the 101.5 listening area. I also always hated the 'some' highs in the 40s wording. What does that mean? Are the other highs in the 50s or the 30s?

Fighting over an inch of snow, look wh.at this putrid winter's done to us. :lol:

+10000

hey.... we're getting better.  this is only a 2 page thread.  we had a 38 page thread for our inch a while back.  lol.

Its only a short thread because it was started this morning.  I was shocked to find that a so-called "observations" thread was already 3 pages long before the storm even started :lol:

Anyway, my call for TTN area is a coating to 2 inches tonight.  Kinda lean towards the lower amounts, especially given how the latest NAM suddenly dried up.

Archived