Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 2-3 Clipper Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure where you are (can't see locations on phone), but from Winchester the best route is to go to Wardensville and then take 55 (new) until it ends. It's finished to the bottom of the mountain.

I was in 4 wheel all the way from Bismarck to Canaan.

Thanks, I'll be coming from winchester. Never taken the new route, always used 50 in the past. Will give 48/55 a try tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll be coming from winchester. Never taken the new route, always used 50 in the past. Will give 48/55 a try tomorrow.

Check out the photography section on here, i posted some pics of it when I went to snowshoe in Dec. Its a great drive

EDIT: Here is the link for them http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/38832-on-the-road-to-snowshoe-resort-wv/

Take 50 out of Winchester west to 259 (just past Gore) to get to Wardensville. Much better way to go, safer than 55 and about 13 minutes faster from Winchester. Beautiful drive too.

Dave, how long is the trip to snowshoe that way?

Took us about 5 hours from Leesburg but so worth the scenery. 55 is a nice drive from Strasburg up to Wardensville then pick up the 4 lane highway to the end in Scherr. then down a few other roads to snowshoe. We took our time too, but it could probably be done in 4.5 hrs

Took us about 5 hours from Leesburg but so worth the scenery. 55 is a nice drive from Strasburg up to Wardensville then pick up the 4 lane highway to the end in Scherr. then down a few other roads to snowshoe. We took our time too, but it could probably be done in 4.5 hrs

Yeah, I know how you went now....probably through Petersburg and past Seneca Rocks.

I hate the drive on 55 to Wardensville. If you've never done 50 and 259 you've got to try it. Straight as a stick and beautiful views from the backside of the border mountains.

Yeah, I know how you went now....probably through Petersburg and past Seneca Rocks.

I hate the drive on 55 to Wardensville. If you've never done 50 and 259 you've got to try it. Straight as a stick and beautiful views from the backside of the border mountains.

Meh, 55 doesnt bother me in the least. I live driving up and over the mtn near Star Tannery and its quicker from here.

Yeah took 93 down to petersburg to 28 to 66 to the resort. its not a bad drive, pretty scenery

Take 50 out of Winchester west to 259 (just past Gore) to get to Wardensville. Much better way to go, safer than 55 and about 13 minutes faster from Winchester. Beautiful drive too.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated! Looks like some good snow moving in tomorrow evening through Tuesday morning on top of what they have already gotten this week. Different world down there. Can't wait to hit the slopes!

Thanks a lot, much appreciated! Looks like some good snow moving in tomorrow evening through Tuesday morning on top of what they have already gotten this week. Different world down there. Can't wait to hit the slopes!

I have made the drive on both routes hundreds of times (probably over a 1000 x's in 7 years?)  to and from my place in Hardy County.

Depending on whether I need to be in Winchester for anything or get my wife from her job at the hospital I use 50 to 259.  Winterweatherlvr is coming from Apple Pie ridge NW of Winchester so 50/259 certainly makes more sense to him. I actually use middle hoad out of Winchester or via Stephens City as the shortest route, and it is fast in clear weather,

If you are already on I-81 or coming out I-66 then 48/55 makes way more sense.  Yes 259 is a very straight road, though for some reason I have a history of being sleepy on that route. Enjoy the drive, Corridor H 48/44 is beautiful in all weather and seasons except for the fog.

I have made the drive on both routes hundreds of times (probably over a 1000 x's in 7 years?)  to and from my place in Hardy County.

Depending on whether I need to be in Winchester for anything or get my wife from her job at the hospital I use 50 to 259.  Winterweatherlvr is coming from Apple Pie ridge NW of Winchester so 50/259 certainly makes more sense to him. I actually use middle hoad out of Winchester or via Stephens City as the shortest route, and it is fast in clear weather,

If you are already on I-81 or coming out I-66 then 48/55 makes way more sense.  Yes 259 is a very straight road, though for some reason I have a history of being sleepy on that route. Enjoy the drive, Corridor H 48/44 is beautiful in all weather and seasons except for the fog.

Thanks a lot! I'm actually picking my fiance up at the hospital on the way (she works there too). Will definitely take 259.

Archived