joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow threats for the mountains.

Met1985

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct Joe....really starting to lay it down now here in the valley...heaviest snow of the event for me

We've been getting pounded for the past couple of hours.The heaviest flow snow I've seen since the mini blizzard of 2010-2011.

Like you mentioned in the other thread, there is a lot of moisture to be wrung out over us in the next 36 hours.

I think i'm gonna head back to Soco after lunch. You chasing at all?

No, I'm in Raleigh for training. It's killing me I'm not up there. Day off from at HCC and I'm in class all day, lol. Great day to hit up Cat. I've been staying sane via reports and webcams. I get back Thursday so ill hit up Cat to ski on the last day of the season, Friday. Halloween to march 31st, not too shabby of a season.

No, I'm in Raleigh for training. It's killing me I'm not up there. Day off from at HCC and I'm in class all day, lol. Great day to hit up Cat. I've been staying sane via reports and webcams. I get back Thursday so ill hit up Cat to ski on the last day of the season, Friday. Halloween to march 31st, not too shabby of a season.

I have not skied in forever. With all the kids I have now I just sled. There is a good spot where you turn off 19 to get on the Parkway. I was there yesterday afternoon and it was almost blizzard conditions with the heavy snow and wind. Temp was 21 when I left before dark and the snow was just pouring.

Highest totals so far are 13" in Maggie valley and a foot on beech man;via brad p twitter post. We got a tweet from someone saying 24" on soco gap, but waiting for pic confirmation before we bite.

Ya Soco and Fines Creek are getting hammered. We have about 6 inches and still snowing here. Crazy for the end of March. I think they will extend the WSW until Wednesday also.

Still snowing heavily at Sugar Mountain. Very crowded slopes, especially for a Tuesday in late March. They have announced that they will remain open through Sunday, but with this nearly foot of new snow, I have a feeling they might extend at least to Monday to say they had 100% of runs open in April.

www.skisugar.com

Beech and Appalachian are closed. Cattaloochee is very busy. This is wonderful!

18-20 inches reported on Leconte! Soco Gap was great the last two days. Wen up there Monday evening and was almost blizzard like conditions. There was a lot more snow yesterday but it was more of a wet snow compared to a powder the day before. I have some good pics if I can figure out how to get them on.

Congrats on the snow guys! Wish I was there to see it. Would love to get some obs from the Asheville crew. I am freezing my butt off down at the beach :(

Dustings only in East Asheville and Swannanoa; on and off snow showers all day Monday and Tuesday; one or two flakes still flying around but I believe it is about over.  The TV news reported that Weaverville had 2 inches.

My wife and I were at the beach last week; cool and breezy but we enjoyed it.

Ended with 11 inches.

Ha!  The prodigal son returns :)  Let me guess...they kicked you off witness protection because they can't afford Tahiti anymore, so you came home to lord it over us less snow fortunate ones, lol.  I see nothing changes in Yancey Co winters..but I bet you won't make a hundred this year, my friend.   T

Thanks man! I never get tired of the snow. Although as I get older I like the bitter cold less and less, but not as much as I dislike temps in the 80's!

Nice pictures, thanks for posting them.  However, I would love to have some temps. in the 80's.

Ha!  The prodigal son returns :)  Let me guess...they kicked you off witness protection because they can't afford Tahiti anymore, so you came home to lord it over us less snow fortunate ones, lol.  I see nothing changes in Yancey Co winters..but I bet you won't make a hundred this year, my friend.   T

Hi Tony.

I've only been in the states for maybe 6 weeks since summer. Somehow Pam has confused the meaning of the term  "early retirement" with "personal assistant". 

No triple digits this year but 68 is around average. Not real sure of the accuracy either. The house sitter and security helped me out when I was gone.  

Archived