joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine, so he's a watered-down colin.  Still annoying as balls though.

Colin didn't know jack about weather and was an absolutely miserable poster.   

Alek has his own style, whether you like it or not, but his weather knowledge is pretty damn good. Better than the average weenie on this forum.

There are no comparisons to be made here. Alas, this is not the place to take shots at current posters. Take it to OT, or use the ignore function if you don't like him.  

Did a little more riding out by the lake. despite fluffy lake snow, it's pretty dense once it settles.  Hoping Tuesday doesn't eat away too much snow before we build it back up mid to late week. 

attachicon.gif1-27-13.JPG

I have been sick today, was going to head out to Muskegon area....

This winter drives me nuts... Seems like every warmup rockets us up to 60.. Why can't we just have a mid 40's torch for once.

I have been sick today, was going to head out to Muskegon area....

This winter drives me nuts... Seems like every warmup rockets us up to 60.. Why can't we just have a mid 40's torch for once.

Aw, sorry you missed your trip. Hopefully you are feeling better soon. Also hoping we don't lose our snowpack from this thaw. It looks to be replenished quickly though. Perhaps you will feel better next weekend to enjoy it.

looks good for the north woods of mi/wi if they get the snow tonight and not much of a torch. Businesses just might salvage the snowmobiling season ok with a strong finish.. lack of snow down south should have all the flat landers heading north.

I don't see who would invest in $10,000 machines without mountains or lake effect to rely on. Too much money to waste.

Hurley always does well... Land O Lakes....

I don't see who would invest in $10,000 machines without mountains or lake effect to rely on. Too much money to waste. Hurley always does well... Land O Lakes....

travel like you have to.. they just have to travel farther. renting is not a bad option If you only go a couple times.  rich mans sport indeed if you go all fancy pants new stuff.

I don't see who would invest in $10,000 machines without mountains or lake effect to rely on. Too much money to waste. Hurley always does well... Land O Lakes....

travel like you have to.. they just have to travel farther.

You guys are actually closer to the western UP than I am.... So technically that's a more ideal spot.

Though I dont want to jinx things for something 5 days out...the GFS, GEM, and Euro all have been consistent with a clipper next Fri/Sat. qpf varies from a few hundredths to a healthier 0.2" depending on the model and the run, but perhaps there is some merit to the fact that it is consistently showing up this far out. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if it fizzles to almost nothing now that Ive jinxed it lol, or, if it turns into a very healthy clipper.

You guys are actually closer to the western UP than I am.... So technically that's a more ideal spot.

upper lower has its moments in between torches and is close for you. 

eagle river is about 4 hrs from here only. lando little farther. nice base camp area.

we had two great weeks of trail riding just to the west and north of  milwaukee.  not too bad for this good for **** winter so far.  lots of work goes in to getting permision for all the trails we have in every inch of this state.  sure is a shame most  of them Milwaukee, Racine, and Kenosha counties will hardly be used for a second yr in row if nothing changes.  should be another great off season for the used sled buyers. I imagine lots of sleds will be unloaded. 

Though I dont want to jinx things for something 5 days out...the GFS, GEM, and Euro all have been consistent with a clipper next Fri/Sat. qpf varies from a few hundredths to a healthier 0.2" depending on the model and the run, but perhaps there is some merit to the fact that it is consistently showing up this far out. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if it fizzles to almost nothing now that Ive jinxed it lol, or, if it turns into a very healthy clipper.

A moisture starved clipper in the crapshoot that this winter is showing up nearly a week out....meh, will probably be nothing worth getting excited about.

A moisture starved clipper in the crapshoot that this winter is showing up nearly a week out....meh, will probably be nothing worth getting excited about.

You may be right...Im just going on previous track record. More often than not, in years past when a clipper showed up so far out and maintained its course more or less all week (regardless of how meager qpf), it turned into a nice clipper. Not always, it very well could still fizzle out...just saying dont take meager qpf verbatum at this stage.

Gets cold with little snow then a lot miss storms to the NW. Very up and down on the GFS and the EURO shows another warming trend around Feb 5-7th. No good storm track 

After Wed the Euro has a clipper Saturday, one day above freezing, and another light snow event Feb 5th. Its nothing big, not that it wont change, but I just dont see all this warming everyones talking about. In fact the consensus seems to be for a colder than normal Feb.

Neither model shows a massive torch for our region though. We can speculate what will happen after the fact, but thats WAY jumping the gun....the models will change a hundred times as is without any extrapolating beyond their forecast period.

nah...we saw the current torch coming from a similar time frame.

After Wed the Euro has a clipper Saturday, one day above freezing, and another light snow event Feb 5th. Its nothing big, not that it wont change, but I just dont see all this warming everyones talking about. In fact the consensus seems to be for a colder than normal Feb.

There has been signs of warming on the models for days around day 10, it isn't exactly one run showing warmth.

Archived