• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Possible Snow Threats and Upcoming Cold Spell

Snow_Miser

This is our coldest part of the year on avg. Having bl issues in mid January, in which climo supports our coldest avg is unusual.

Cold doesn't mean cold and snowy. With arctic air comes dry air. You can thank the arctic air for keeping Fridays storm supressed. You want to be on the edge of the really cold air which is why if you can get a southern stream wave to phase with the PV you can end up with a major KU event.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ths is kind of silly...nyc averages a good amount more snow than dc it is the lack of a good cold air mass and precip  rates

Okay both of you have your :weenie: goggles on again. I simply stated that DC can get all snow when NYC gets all rain because the temperature gradiant is often alligned west to east rather than north to south. How often is the rain snow line along I-95? Obviously places further south and west can be snow while the city and LI are rain.

Cold doesn't mean cold and snowy. With arctic air comes dry air. You can thank the arctic air for keeping Fridays storm supressed. You want to be on the edge of the really cold air which is why if you can get a southern stream wave to phase with the PV you can end up with a major KU event.

Cold means my bl is not torch, you have completely abandon my original post. I typed nor read anything about storm track or ku

ths is kind of silly...nyc averages a good amount more snow than dc it is the lack of a good cold air mass and precip  rates

I was just using DC as an example of how they can be snow (further south and west) while at the same time NYC can be all rain (further north and east). Typically with a strong miller A you can get snow from DC to Boston.

Okay both of you have your :weenie: goggles on again. I simply stated that DC can get all snow when NYC gets all rain because the temperature gradiant is often alligned west to east rather than north to south. How often is the rain snow line along I-95? Obviously places further south and west can be snow while the city and LI are rain.

What? It's dependent on storm track. I can remember one time in my life dc was snow and NYC was rain. And that was after a 6 inch front end thump, the slotted. Last time I check dc is along 95 and avg significant less snow then NYC.

Cold means my bl is not torch, you have completely abandon my original post. I typed nor read anything about storm track or ku

All of this garbage belongs in the banter thread anyway. You have BL issues because this is a region that even during the coldest times of the year has issues unless you can get the perfect setup with great blocking and a fresh cold air source ala winter of 10-11.

no what you said is that longitude plays more ofa role than latitude in this part of the country.  you can put  all your  weenie icons up u want, but this is dead wrong.

I was just using DC as an example of how they can be snow (further south and west) while at the same time NYC can be all rain (further north and east). Typically with a strong miller A you can get snow from DC to Boston.

What? It's dependent on storm track. I can remember one time in my life dc was snow and NYC was rain. And that was after a 6 inch front end thump, the slotted. Last time I check dc is along 95 and avg significant less snow then NYC.

When did I say that DC averaged more snowfall than NYC?

Amazing its mid January and we are still fighting bl problems lol

the reason why the BL is warm, is because your winds last night into this morning were sw and switched to west. If you noticed the highs for the day were at night. The southerly winds brought warm air in as well as the downsloping off the mtns with the west wind. Above the bl its plenty cold enough to support snow.

Dont know what the Euro is doing, but it made a very big jump for tomorrow's event.

NYC: .22"

LGA: .23"

JFK: .28"

ISP: .30"

FOK: .32"

EWR: .22"

BDR: .22"

Wait WHAT? Might it be forgetting to put a zero after the decimal? That just does not make sense... Can someone put in HPN?

-skisheep

Archived