• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quotes messed up?

ice1972

For me, the quote shows up, but there's no box around it, so I can't tell where the quote ends and the new person's post begins.

I'm having the same issues.  It's very weird.  I hope it's just a temporary bug and not the new norm.  I sometimes like to divide a quote up into pieces-- to respond to each part of it-- and that would be impossible without being able to see the tags.

For me, the quote shows up, but there's no box around it, so I can't tell where the quote ends and the new person's post begins.

I thought I saw that on my old '05 Dell laptop the other night but looked normal on my desktop.. both had Chrome browser.  It should have a gray box around it with a dark gray rounded border.  Looks like it is not calling the needed CSS file.

The CSS it should be calling is

blockquote.ipsBlockquote 
{
font-size: 12px;
padding: 10px;
border: 2px solid #E5E5E5;
border-left: 2px solid #989898;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
background: #F7F7F7;
margin: 0 0;
}

Are you seeing this at all? This CSS file is located here; http://www.americanwx.com/bb/public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/contents.css

Try clearing your cache folder first and we'll go from there.

I thought I saw that on my old '05 Dell laptop the other night but looked normal on my desktop.. both had Chrome browser.  It should have a gray box around it with a dark gray rounded border.  Looks like it is not calling the needed CSS file.

The CSS it should be calling is

blockquote.ipsBlockquote 
{
font-size: 12px;
padding: 10px;
border: 2px solid #E5E5E5;
border-left: 2px solid #989898;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
background: #F7F7F7;
margin: 0 0;
}

Are you seeing this at all? This CSS file is located here; http://www.americanwx.com/bb/public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/contents.css

Try clearing your cache folder first and we'll go from there.

Clearing cache worked for me on Chrome. I see the gray area.

In chrome, I wasn't getting the box around the quote when typing a reply.  I cleared the cache and it does show the box now, but oddly the persons name still isn't shown.  If you preview/post, it does show the name.

I really wish I knew more about CSS.

when i push the bb code box it activates it for some reason

post-4-0-90288100-1357598534_thumb.jpg

If that's how it's supposed to be, then how do you break a single quote up into pieces, so you can respond to each part in-line?  I can't figure it out without seeing the tags.

I kind of miss the old days, where the text displaying in the reply box was not styled-- so you could see all the style tags before publishing.  I felt like I had more control back then.

If that's how it's supposed to be, then how do you break a single quote up into pieces, so you can respond to each part in-line?  I can't figure it out without seeing the tags.

Click the BB Code button in the upper left and it shows the old "quote" tags.

I kind of miss the old days, where the text displaying in reply box was not styled-- so you could see all the style tags before publishing.  I felt like I had more control back then.

I think it will take some time to get used to it. We must be getting old.

Archived