Newest Member
    12bet1 net
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some nice pictures on the NWS Tucson Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/US.NationalWeatherService.Tucson.gov?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thanks, some interesting info there. Spoke to friends in Scottsdale and they reported snow, hail, lightning and thunder today at an elevation of about 1200'. Very impressive system. I would love to be sitting in Hays, Kansas tomorrow with that forecast of 15"-17" of snow and the winds howling across the open plains.

any thoughts on the spring....what is March looking like. It would be grand if we had the warmth we had last year, allowed me to start my landscaping season early.

weather world expects an eastern trough to dominate the next 30 days with frequent precipitation and below normal temps so not an early spring like last year. i hope it's wrong i thought we were looking at a big warm up in late february

weather world expects an eastern trough to dominate the next 30 days with frequent precipitation and below normal temps so not an early spring like last year. i hope it's wrong i thought we were looking at a big warm up in late february

well it can always change because remember about 2-3 weeks ago everybody said that the last two weeks of Feb would be above normal

It is quite possible that the 2/26-3/7 period is going to hurt worse for snow lovers in the DC-PHL area than if we had just torched. Given the stale cold and positioning of features, it is going to be tough to get into the significant / major snows in our area. A decent event bordering on significant I suppose is still doable.

It is quite possible that the 2/26-3/7 period is going to hurt worse for snow lovers in the DC-PHL area than if we had just torched. Given the stale cold and positioning of features, it is going to be tough to get into the significant / major snows in our area. A decent event bordering on significant I suppose is still doable.

another reason i'm heading west next week to play in real snow.

Yup, I'd prefer torch at this point.    The persistence of this pattern is beyond annoying.

In the context of this winter, I suppose that means 1" of wet snow.

I just went through mantoloking...wow is it bad. I've been here a few times before for work related issues but it never takes away your first impression.

Yeah I just heard on the news this morning that Rt 35 down there was finally open. However they said if you are not a resident of the island you can expect to be ticketed if you ventured off Rt 35. ha ha ha Must be some scene though even 5 months later.

Archived