Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a damn fool for not posting here the most at the start of winter. I now have refused posting in 2 subforums.

Do you post much during the summer months? I don't remember in the past seeing your posts. I think i can speak for everyone in here and say we really appreciate adam, yourself, and the rest of the meteorologists who post here.

To be fair, I post more when you're posting because we can bang ideas off each other. Without DBM, we just kinda brought our old conversations here. 

I do miss the DBM chat days where I could complain about my job and talk about stuff that was actually important wx-wise. But there is more to it than that. There is certainly better moderation here, willingness to learn, good cooperation, excellent mets and the group is generally cheerful. Now, I feel that way about a lot of the new england members and I really enjoyed posting there in the convective season; but, I just can't be there during the snow season. It seems too out of control. Maybe I'll post there again in the spring/summer. I will never post in the NYC forum, warm or cold season. lol

Do you post much during the summer months? I don't remember in the past seeing your posts. I think i can speak for everyone in here and say we really appreciate adam, yourself, and the rest of the meteorologists who post here.

I do post during the warm season, generally for convective and tropical threats. The past few years, for various reasons, restricted the amount of time and allowance for posting. This past convective season, I found myself posting mostly in the NE subforum and that's it.

'NEVERTHELESS, ITS STILL 5 DAYS AWAY AND GUID CAN CHANGE BACK. FOR
NOW, LOWERED POPS FURTHER BUT DON`T WANT TO TAKE THEM OUT
COMPLETELY AND WILL JUST KEEP LOW POPS IN THE FCST TO SEE IF THERE
ARE ANY CHANGES AT THIS TIME SCALE. IF THERE AREN`T, CHALK ANOTHER
ONE UP FOR THE ECMWF!
IF THE CURRENT TRENDS ARE CORRECT, THE
WEEKEND LONG WEEKEND WILL BE DRY.

After missing last week, thought this might be our storm. 

This afd should have read; "Chalk another one up for Dr NO~!

will i go 2 years in a row without using my snow blower?

looks like i may not need a to replace my spark plug again come fall tune-up.

Looks like tomorrow night's event will generally be less than 3" of snow area-wide (I'd say coating to 2" is a good call), and it would appear that the weekend threat will go out to sea.  Here's hoping we can get a decent storm next week before the warm phases arrive for rest of February into the first part of Morch.

How often do you need to replace the plug?

Small engine spark plugs will last the life of the engine. You can clean up the electrode seasonally with emery cloth and reset the gap.

Unless you are in a commercial application running 8hrs a day, 5 days a week, the plug shouldn't wear out.

Besides, real engines don't need spark plugs anyways.....

It's almost like when I used to live in Jim Thorpe and woke up to a fresh coating just about every morning from December-February. 

BTW, don't even try and look at the NYC thread talking about this storm.  I feel physically ill after trying to get through the final two pages. 

I won't count this out until I see the 0z runs tonight.  For my shore friends that is. 

i cleaned the last 2 pages up. Had to get rid of 38 posts lol

Archived