• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

That's pretty ballsy to put that on a broadcast.  I know they labeled it as model output and I'm sure the on-air met communicated likewise, but we all know people will look at those numbers and at least give it some level of credence.  What's the value in that?

What people have left out of this story is that they showed that then they showed the GFS with 2.6"  and said this is the forcasting problem and cant give totals untill better agreement

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What people have left out of this story is that they showed that then they showed the GFS with 2.6"  and said this is the forcasting problem and cant give totals untill better agreement

I don't know much about the RPM model except that it does seem to come up on broadcast graphics a lot.  Is there much of an equivalence (in terms of accuracy / confidence) between the GFS and RPM?

I don't know much about the RPM model except that it does seem to come up on broadcast graphics a lot.  Is there much of an equivalence (in terms of accuracy / confidence) between the GFS and RPM?

I dont know. The point they were making was the models were all over and could not make a snow forecast yet.

I called and warned my friend who lives in Springfield mass warning him of the tornado threat I said it to him before BOX put out a tornado warning gave him a 3 minute heads up and it touched down 600 yards away from his house.

Imho, these are the only models you should look at

first tier: euro, gfs and their ensembles

2nd tier: ggem and ukie

inside 48 hrs turn to the sref, euro, and gfs

inside 12hrs nam, sref, euro

the jma,cras,kma,nogaps look at when you have had a couple drinks in you

need a tier breakdown for mets/pro's ;)

Archived