Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great winter afternoon--snow on the ground, NW winds, sub-freezing temps. Love it. Happy New Year all, and get rid of that thread subtitle. ;)

Well for you its great, but here well  brown ugly ground  NW winds and above freezing temps... just been blah so far and isnt looking great in the foreseable future... but Happy New Years though!

Great winter afternoon--snow on the ground, NW winds, sub-freezing temps. Love it. Happy New Year all, and get rid of that thread subtitle. ;)

After the 09 - 11 seasons those away from the coast largely got screwed while Philly on east got pummelled. those away from the coast were due for a reversal. That being said, even in a crappy winter, well timed events can produce for many on the coastal plain. 2006 was very warm winter yet I saw above normal average snow fall at 31" inches. It can happen.

March snow is the worse, id rather it be warm.

Except if it remains cold after the events. I remember the four days after the march 2009 event. We were below 30 and the 10"+ did not melt until it warmed above. Same with the week after the 1993 Superstorm, we had bitter conditions for a week with a FROPA a few days later dropping a few more inches. Otherwise, March snow is quite sun angle dependent and doesn't last very long.

Except if it remains cold after the events. I remember the four days after the march 2009 event. We were below 30 and the 10"+ did not melt until it warmed above. Same with the week after the 1993 Superstorm, we had bitter conditions for a week with a FROPA a few days later dropping a few more inches. Otherwise, March snow is quite sun angle dependent and doesn't last very long.

Snow is snow & I totally enjoy every flake at any time of the season, I've seen many a nice snowpack vanish very quickly during the dead of winter in this area so what's the difference if early / late season melt fast. APR 1982 is one of the top 5 wx events of my lifetime. Every year we have at least 6/7/8 months to enjoy warmth & not even think about snow so I'll take whatever I can get.

Trade this (Mar 93) for 60/70 degree weather - NOT.....

post-1715-0-15867300-1357094134_thumb.jp

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Quakertown needs snow" data-cid="1976600" data-time="1357089708"><p>

Did Elk on Monday, nice conditions!</p></blockquote>

Think it's worth the drive to go up there? Bout a 3hr ride from Philly and never have been. Debating there or camelback.

Snow is snow & I totally enjoy every flake at any time of the season, I've seen many a nice snowpack vanish very quickly during the dead of winter in this area so what's the difference if early / late season melt fast. APR 1982 is one of the top 5 wx events of my lifetime. Every year we have at least 6/7/8 months to enjoy warmth & not even think about snow so I'll take whatever I can get.

Trade this (Mar 93) for 60/70 degree weather - NOT.....

That seven foot drift in front of the house speaks volumes. I wouldn't trade that in for any nice warm day.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="irishbri74" data-cid="1976878" data-time="1357105102"><p><br />

Ps, Happy New Years from me and the girl. I showed her this page and called us nerds! How dare she!! <a href='<a href='http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach%C2%A7ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=83572'>http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=83572</a>'>ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357105100.367432.jpg</a></p></blockquote>

Nerds?! Sorry to hear that you two will be breaking up. lol

Archived