Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So jealous you guys got to enjoy that...

My only counter is that its -1 here... and its only 7PM.

lol. Below zero temps. is impressive. Enjoy.

Having a nearly 30 inch snowpack in Feb. 2010 is something this area will likely never see again....or atleast not for a long time.

Oh well,  that's what pictures/videos are for, to remember the past.

we can only dream we see a -NAO like this develop..

ta6y3e3u.jpg

The GFS has been remarkably consistent showing that crazy -NAO now for about 3-4 days straight beyond about the 10th-12th.  If it is right that SE ridge won't even be remotely that robust, thats another major problem the models have in the longer range is they overdo the SE ridge when there is a strong -NAO.

The GFS has been remarkably consistent showing that crazy -NAO now for about 3-4 days straight beyond about the 10th-12th. If it is right that SE ridge won't even be remotely that robust, thats another major problem the models have in the longer range is they overdo the SE ridge when there is a strong -NAO.

agreed with the above statement. There seems to be a lot going on in the model @ the time frame. The -NAO is actually building before hr 300, it just seems to start its maturity around that time frame. I was curious as to why the GFS was modeling the SE ridge so strong. The combination of the strong west based block and 50-50 low should suppress the SE ridge with no problem.

Baby steps as we head forward. Liking how the models are developing a pretty strong -AO that Don Sutherland was calling to return.

looks like all the nice ski snow will be messed up after this weekend so last good ski weekend till?

back to elk tomorrow.

Man, ELK was in great shape when i went Thursday. Nice groomed trails, fresh snowpack, and snow showers on and off throughout the day.

best part might have been that it stayed below freezing the whole day, so not a whole lot of melt, which limited the ice as it got dark. Last year, it was 40-45 on the days i went, and all that melt froze when temps dipped, and it was like ice skating rather than snowboarding.

Have fun tomorrow brother! not looking forward to the torch in that aspect of bases melting/ washed away.

udututyj.jpg

e2e3yhej.jpg

Man, ELK was in great shape when i went Thursday. Nice groomed trails, fresh snowpack, and snow showers on and off throughout the day.

best part might have been that it stayed below freezing the whole day, so not a whole lot of melt, which limited the ice as it got dark. Last year, it was 40-45 on the days i went, and all that melt froze when temps dipped, and it was like ice skating rather than snowboarding.

Have fun tomorrow brother! not looking forward to the torch in that aspect of bases melting/ washed away.

e2e3yhej.jpg

My son has that identical snowboard.

Archived