• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

No report from LAF yet, but a rain gauge at Purdue has reported 0.24" already. 12z NAM QPF might be going down.

Yeah, I think convection being involved is probably going to enable us to come in on the high side. This early stuff helps.

Nice changeable day on tap tomorrow. Start off in the 60s and maybe a little snow by late afternoon.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few degrees above here. That's a fairly tight gradient. Have you been accruing ice or have the showers been missing you to the south?

Yes, we've been accruing ice. Ice has built up on some of the tree branches. There wasa period of steady freezing rain around 11am this morning, with a temperature of about -1C (31F). Sidewalks have been icy all day.

Temperature is still -0.4C (31.2 F) at my palce at McCowan and Steeles.

57F today at DTW missed the record by 1F, tomorrow we will smash the old record (it is unusually low at 53F), then Thursday we will be colder than normal. Icy dirty plow piles of snow remain in parking lots, but thats it. The ones at my work are actually rock hard from so much water content will be interesting to see how many survive lol. Also heard some thunder earlier.

Lots of little shortwaves the coming week, flakes a sure bet...accums a bit more uncertain. Much like last time when our beautiful snowcover was torched away only to get cold again....I will settle for white again.

57F today at DTW missed the record by 1F, tomorrow we will smash the old record (it is unusually low at 53F), then Thursday we will be colder than normal. Icy dirty plow piles of snow remain in parking lots, but thats it. The ones at my work are actually rock hard from so much water content will be interesting to see how many survive lol. Also heard some thunder earlier.

Lots of little shortwaves the coming week, flakes a sure bet...accums a bit more uncertain. Much like last time when our beautiful snowcover was torched away only to get cold again....I will settle for white again.

I wouldn't write tonight off still, we are sitting at 57 right now, and have been for 2 hours.

I wouldn't write tonight off still, we are sitting at 57 right now, and have been for 2 hours.

Let's avoid it... One less thing for Jeff Masters to get excited for.

Archived