Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 27-29th LES/Snow Event

Chicago Storm

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fetch is obviously interrupted. I think the band should die a quick death over the next hour or so.

Note: I've been wrong many times in my life

Not done yet!

I'm surprised it hasn't lost intensity since it turned more E to W.

1.0" reported in Rogers Park.

I think this is the right thread, but if I were in Indy and/or south and east of there...I'd watch this southern wave a little closer, that's coming through tomorrow night/Saturday morning. Just sayin'...

Yeah, looks like we might get the splitski with better totals north and south.

I think this is the right thread, but if I were in Indy and/or south and east of there...I'd watch this southern wave a little closer, that's coming through tomorrow night/Saturday morning. Just sayin'...

18z GFS showed a wetter solution and now the 0z NAM is wetter. This is looking pretty decent for me.

The rare E/W LES band in NE. IL...

Based on the below report from earlier, that area was likely around 2" before the re-organization/return of the band. If it can linger in the area long enough I wouldn't be surprised to see a localized area of 4"+ totals in NE. Cook Co.

0524 PM SNOW WILMETTE 42.08N 87.73W

12/27/2012 E1.5 INCH COOK IL PUBLIC

Might be some +SN in the Wilmette/Evanston area right now with 35dbz returns in the area.

Based on the below report from earlier, that area was likely around 2" before the re-organization/return of the band. If it can linger in the area long enough I wouldn't be surprised to see a localized area of 4"+ totals in NE. Cook Co.

Might be some +SN in the Wilmette/Evanston area right now with 35dbz returns in the area.

If it doesn't occur at ORD, does it really occur at all? :scooter:

A Facebook post from Tom Skilling that confirms your speculation:

A lake-effect snow band at the southern end has parked since 1:30pm this aft over Evanston, Wilmette, Skokie, Morton Grove and Park Ridge. Local 4-5" totals reported.

A lake-effect snow band at the southern end has parked since 1:30pm this aft over Evanston, Wilmette, Skokie, Morton Grove and Park Ridge. Local 4-5" totals reported.

Impressive given the inversion and limited DGZ!

Interesting. I see a few people from that area commenting with 4-5" reports.

Might be a situation that needs a short term LES advisory? Especially since those amounts have fallen (If true) and the band appears to have stalled, at least from now. RC, I see you lurking...thoughts?

Not cool. If another STUPID low coming from the south steals all the moisture AGAIN....and I am still seeing grass by the end of the weekend..........

You the RAP on your side still. Actually you might see more snow then I am if the NAM is correct. Unless I can get in on this LES band later.

Archived