Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Dec 27-29th LES/Snow Event

Chicago Storm

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you'll get your crust inch later

I laughed at Milwaukee's map yesterday that showed the bulls eye here and 4.8" I can't remember ever jack potting in a small event like this ever since I've lived at this house. Sarcastically told the wife on to her deaf ears we'll be lucky to get an inch now.. I didn't think that would actually happen though.. figured 2" was a lock

I laughed at Milwaukee's map yesterday that showed the bulls eye here and 4.8" I can't remember ever jack potting in a small event like this ever since I've lived at this house. Sarcastically told the wife on to her deaf ears we'll be lucky to get an inch now.. I didn't think that would actually happen though.. figured 2" was a lock

you'll get something from this band and the LES is going to be in or around your area...who knows if it actually makes it on shore thoough.

Flake size is p good here. When i'm in the office and we have these fluff flakes with no wind, it always seems like there are more flakes moving up than down.

12z 4km NAM brings measurable to LAF. Even tickles the SE corner of the county with the 0.25" line. :lol:

The differences between the 0z and 12z runs for parts of Illinois and Indiana are rather astounding, for a relatively minor event of course.

0z run through 18z Saturday: http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NAMSFC4_0z/ptot42.html

12z run through 18z Saturday: http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NAMSFC4_12z/ptot30.html

you'll get something from this band and the LES is going to be in or around your area...who knows if it actually makes it on shore thoough.

Flake size is p good here. When i'm in the office and we have these fluff flakes with no wind, it always seems like there are more flakes moving up than down.

Yeah by the time it gets here a few hrs of decaying snow should be good for a half inch maybe. LES by the sounds of mke office is dead here also.

Obviously by my whining I'd rather have the 4.8" than maybe 1" of fluff in the forecast now but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as much anymore. Since I don't snowmobile right now it doesn't hurt as bad when to me and south misses out and it will make it easier to when we torch sometime in the 1st half of January that's its not destroying a decent snow pack.

was wondering if you were at the office today. snow watching while working should make the morning go quick.. Never got to witness snow high up like you do all winter. definitely sounds like I have missed out.

I'm going to run BUFKIT to see what the DGZ looks like. I've read in a couple of AFDs that it's impressive. Plus there's the chance for some lake enhancement but that based on what I'm seeing right now would stay to your south.

Looks like about 50mb. Nothing remarkable. I'm not even going to pretend like I know about snowflake microphysics but BUFKIT still manages to spit out 15:1 ratios. Assuming 0.15" QPF, and 2" snowfall or a touch above sounds right.

was wondering if you were at the office today. snow watching while working should make the morning go quick.. Never got to witness snow high up like you do all winter. definitely sounds like I have missed out.

It's a slow week with so many people taking vacation. I have a few landmark buildings that I use for visibility...when the merchandise mart disappears it's +SN....hasn't happened in a while.

Looks like about 50mb. Nothing remarkable. I'm not even going to pretend like I know about snowflake microphysics but BUFKIT still manages to spit out 15:1 ratios. Assuming 0.15" QPF, and 2" snowfall or a touch above sounds right.

I think we'll get atleast a inch, it looks to be light snows falling persistently so in my opinion it will accumulate to atleast a inch or so. Upper air temps support 13:1 to 15:1 snow ratios, so yeah.

And btw Canuck i think you should remove your "Winter storm free since 08" lool, this past storm was the first widespread Winter storm we've seen across Ontario and Quebec since 2008-09. Though it wasnt a whole alot it was more than any storm we've seen since lol.

I think we'll get atleast a inch, it looks to be light snows falling persistently so in my opinion it will accumulate to atleast a inch or so. Upper air temps support 13:1 to 15:1 snow ratios, so yeah.

And btw Canuck i think you should remove your "Winter storm free since 08" lool, this past storm was the first widespread Winter storm we've seen across Ontario and Quebec since 2008-09. Though it wasnt a whole alot it was more than any storm we've seen since lol.

If nothing else, this should be very atmospheric. At least the snow futility record will stand.

Archived