northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 2013 mid-long range disco thread

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first wave is where we are watching now, but the second is close according to the euro, we really gotta keep an eye on it. 

all of us are going to watch and dissect every model run of every good and bad model for the next 9 weeks....you are telling crack addicts to make sure they remember to smoke crack....

The cold periods modeled by the GFS and Euro are completely different. 

no, the euro is jumping around all over the place

this was 12Z at Day 7 and this run looks far from that (and we're 12 hours later)

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/medium/deterministic/msl_uv850_z500!Geopotential%20500%20hPa%20and%20Temperature%20at%20850%20hPa!168!North%20America!pop!od!oper!public_plots!2013011112!!/

Thankfully through this I can hold out Tuesday hope. 

it is rain, but ut has a nice coastal at 180 hours....moisture laden...that skims us....I like seeing that....are we supposed to be in some awesome pattern in 7 days?....don't we have to step down and up and down for a bit?...

No it appears to be a total flip. No storm at 180 was ever suppose to give us rain

The GFS stuff would have my backyard with a high of 15.

we dont know the timing or the severity but at least there seems to be some evidence accumulating that real cold is coming...the euro has a 7pm temp of around 3F at ORD when the run ends...that is the kind of cold that has you and me giddy if it can get down here...we'll see what happens

we dont know the timing or the severity but at least there seems to be some evidence accumulating that real cold is coming...the euro has a 7pm temp of around 3F at ORD when the run ends...that is the kind of cold that has you and me giddy if it can get down here...we'll see what happens

And maybe some storm potential around the 22nd. GFS and Euro both have a beautiful ridge out west teaming up with a nice block. Could be a nice window to get something

Archived