• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!

WeatherFox

I always thought the xmas storm was the key to the second storm . However it looks like the center is gona head too far north and the play here was the further south system 1 headed off , system 2 would cut underneath.

Still think some on the board will wake up to a coating xmas morning just not gona b that widespread .

Cant think about a New Years system , I just watched 2 storms evaporate inside 12 hrs so i b toasted .

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H5 Trof goes neutral tilt too early...850 mb low also heading for Cincinnati. This is not our storm.

0z NAM implies a healthy front-end dump, especially for NW suburbs. 850 line still south of PHL at 84 hours with precipitation already moving into Pennsylvania. Given the dynamic cooling with heavy precip, I think we start as snow on this one, at least here in Dobbs Ferry at 350' elevation.

Nam is pretty wet compared to other guidance but surface seems to be warm.

The RGEM continues to be wet as well. The NAM/RGEM may be picking up on the isentropic lift and WAA aloft, we were talking about this in the New England forum last night which may be why the NAM is showing more precip well SE of the 500 vort over NYC/SNE.

NAM has BL issues, but I think that would mostly affect people at the coast or in lower elevations. 850s seem cool enough, and maybe heavier precip. means a little more dynamic cooling.

540 line is south,850 line is south..in any other winter it would mean snow...if we don't see flakes out of this one..man it could be a loooong winter

540 line is south,850 line is south..in any other winter it would mean snow...if we don't see flakes out of this one..man it could be a loooong winter

Soundings for NYC and LGA show the freezing line at 902mb.

Tough to get snow with the last 100mb of the atmosphere that warm.

NWS has all rain in Dobbs Ferry for the XMAS storm...low of 33F Christmas Eve and high of 43F Christmas Day. Does this sound a little warm? I have to think Upton is wrong and we at least start with some snow..

18z Nam is colder..850 and 540 line to our south and it's still rain..I just don't get it..what is this early november or April?

18z Nam is colder..850 and 540 line to our south and it's still rain..I just don't get it..what is this early november or April?

I'm pretty sure the 18z NAM would be snow for Westchester. We're supposed to get down in the upper 20s tonight and only have mid-upper 30s tomorrow with a dry airmass, so there is room for wetbulbing. I continue to think the NW suburbs, and parts of LI's North Shore, will have a surprise on Christmas Day with 1-2" of fresh snowfall. Upton should adjust their forecast to include at least a mix for Dobbs Ferry.

Archived