12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 9-11, 2012 (Winter?) Storm

weathergy

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a NE wind of the lake and surface temps hovering around 2-3° C I would be shocked if I see any accumulating snow tonight.

Winds are supposed to be 5-10mph tops tonight, so the marine layer won't be transported too far inland. I think even you will see some snow in the wee hours tomorrow.

Winds are supposed to be 5-10mph tops tonight, so the marine layer won't be transported too far inland. I think even you will see some snow in the wee hours tomorrow.

I am pretty pessimistic about tonight. Theres a nice dry layer above 950mb so I suppose there could be some evaporational cooling but even then I cant picture anything more than a mix of rain and snow.

Best to move onto January if you live in Indiana...and like snow.

Oops, wrong thread. ;)

Piecing together some of the discussions in other threads by several mets...I'm beginning to read the slightest hints that possibly,..just possibly...a january torch isn't out of the realm.

I'll just keep my blinders on and buckled in tight, full speed ahead on the Don S....express

Oops, wrong thread again...

18z GFS is colder here tomorrow morning and suggests a short period of even all snow possibly along/north of I-88 looking at a few soundings, thickness lines and with some nice UVV's overhead.

NAM is hinting at it too but BL temps are fairly warm so I don't know how much sticking potential there would be.

Yeah tough forecast here. GFS would bring 3" of snowfall here, with the 0C 850 line remaining to the south; however the NAM would bring a quick changeover to mix/rain with less QPF.

Haha! I think so...

I find it funny how now the NAM has backed off on accums here since the 12Z run, while the GFS has increased. Are they EVER in

agreement?

It's not much but the NAM is cooling the BL some in the morning due to the strong UVV's which is cooling the column enough in the low levels for a period of all snow. We'll see.

That would be nice! Any other models picking up on that?

Yeah tough forecast here. GFS would bring 3" of snowfall here, with the 0C 850 line remaining to the south; however the NAM would bring a quick changeover to mix/rain with less QPF.

The NWS is calling for 1 to 3 inches "along and north" of 96.... Pretty good call at this point, with an avg. of NAM and GFS. Temps are in the low 30s already, so that's a good start.

Archived