Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 9-11, 2012 (Winter?) Storm

weathergy

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like IWX may be giving the LES potential a little more credence...not that it looks like a big deal, but SBN is still looking for its first measurable. Latest aviation discussion.

AVIATION

WIDESPREAD IFR CONDS XPCD GOING FORWARD W/LIFR DVLPMNT LIKELY BY

EVENING BOTH W/RENEWED PCPN DVLPMNT INVOF OF EJECTING SECONDARY SFC

LOW OVR ERN MO AND WITHIN MID LVL DRY SLOT ACRS IL. PASSAGE OF MID

LVL TROUGH AND ASSOCD/W SHIFT LATE TONIGHT WILL ALLOW SOMEWHAT DRIER

AIR TO WORK SWD AS CAA WING DEEPENS RAPIDLY THROUGH MON AFTN. FVRBL

COMBINATION OF MID LVL MSTR AND LENGTHENING FETCH WILL YIELD MOD LK

RESPONSE W/PD OF SNOW XPCD AT KSBN. HWVR THIS LIES JUST BEYOND VALID

TAF PD AND WILL BE ADDRESSED IN NXT ISSUANCE.

Snow intensity picking up again in the mini deformation band on the NW side of the low, MSN reporting moderate snow with 0.05" of liquid in the past hour.

Winter weather advisory issued for Dane County, 2-4" http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=WIZ063&warncounty=WIC025&firewxzone=WIZ063&local_place1=&product1=Winter+Weather+Advisory

Turtle-

We have more here... Coming down good right now. Big fat flakes.

Time to break out the cross country skis, or spikes for the bike wheels.

Looks like another round of snow heading your way btw, that band in Minnesota must be fairly intense: http://tempest.aos.w...icompflash.html

Looks like IWX may be giving the LES potential a little more credence...not that it looks like a big deal, but SBN is still looking for its first measurable. Latest aviation discussion.

AVIATION

WIDESPREAD IFR CONDS XPCD GOING FORWARD W/LIFR DVLPMNT LIKELY BY

EVENING BOTH W/RENEWED PCPN DVLPMNT INVOF OF EJECTING SECONDARY SFC

LOW OVR ERN MO AND WITHIN MID LVL DRY SLOT ACRS IL. PASSAGE OF MID

LVL TROUGH AND ASSOCD/W SHIFT LATE TONIGHT WILL ALLOW SOMEWHAT DRIER

AIR TO WORK SWD AS CAA WING DEEPENS RAPIDLY THROUGH MON AFTN. FVRBL

COMBINATION OF MID LVL MSTR AND LENGTHENING FETCH WILL YIELD MOD LK

RESPONSE W/PD OF SNOW XPCD AT KSBN. HWVR THIS LIES JUST BEYOND VALID

TAF PD AND WILL BE ADDRESSED IN NXT ISSUANCE.

Was just taking a look at this event. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 1-3" type deal with maybe some locally higher amounts in persistent bands. Shouldn't be one of those massive inland penetrating events though given the relatively weak low level flow.

Was just taking a look at this event. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 1-3" type deal with maybe some locally higher amounts in persistent bands. Shouldn't be one of those massive inland penetrating events though given the relatively weak low level flow.

Yeah, I mentioned to Indystorm earlier that SBN's streak may end due to LES, but wind strength and trajectory may result in a whiff for their reporting station.

Yeah, I mentioned to Indystorm earlier that SBN's streak may end due to LES, but wind strength and trajectory may result in a whiff for their reporting station.

It looks like the winds will be shifting fairly quickly so their window may not be all that long. 1000-850 mb flow in the 10-15 kt range which should keep the max pretty close to shore but could be enough for something to make it to SBN.

Still all snow :santa: . Had a period where the flakes were huge.

Edit:Dropped a degree to. Now at 30*

That's a pretty good temperature for being within 10 miles of the lake!

34° at Port Washington - probably snowing within a mile of the lake I would say.

this was the storm where some ensembles gave 24" to STL lol. Once others start to get snow....THATS when i really get jealous. Damn MSP :lol: Actually they deserve it after their run of winters

Do they? :P

2010-11 was the fourth snowiest season on record. But I know what you're saying.

Do they? :P

2010-11 was the fourth snowiest season on record. But I know what you're saying.

Yeah, dont get me wrong, I hate them right now but 2010-11 was the only above normal snow season in the last 8 years, whereas everyone else (outside of da U.P.) is running a huge surplus. Plus, count me in the camp that I dont mind laying down a little snowcover up there. Speaking of 2010-11, I wish there was some way to figure it out...I will bet you the winter of 2010-11 laid down the more snow in the non-mountainous U.S. than ever before.

Archived