Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Forecast Discussion

Wow

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verbatim though that would probably easily lay down 4 - 8 inches across much of NC....snow maps should be fun to see.

Looks like you're right...look at that gradient in Central NC! Great win for NC, now if it can just shift a little more east.... ;)

Can't count how many times I've discounted the 18z run when it showed something bad -- really no reason to latch on to it when it shows something good -- especially since it is virtually on an island.

Agreed, I still think this will cut inland transfer to the coast, my guess is hits the NC mtns and reforms off Hatteras.

interestingly the gfs ensemble mean has looked similar to this for a few days. a weaker more suppressed solution. the -AO has done some dirty work finally.

Yeah the 12z ensemble looked good for WNC and into TN. But the one thing I've noticed the last few days the 18z run for some reason is usually farther east than any other run of the day.

at least we can put to rest the slp track from new orleans to chicago.

As crazy as this might seem, there is a possibility that we have not yet seen the most east and south solution. As much as the shifts have been in the recent runs, I don't think the trend is finished. However, beware of the northwest trend just before verification time. We have seen it too many times. You don't want to be in the sweet spot this far out. In my opinion, just north of the jack-pot area is a better location.

As crazy as this might seem, there is a possibility that we have not yet seen the most east and south solution. As much as the shifts have been in the recent runs, I don't think the trend is finished. However, beware of the northwest trend just before verification time. We have seen it too many times. You don't want to be in the sweet spot this far out. In my opinion, just north of the jac- pot area is a better location.

I agree. And more often that not, we do not experience two wet storm systems back to back. We are enduing one now. Anyway, that is just how it seems to go..for my area.

Archived