• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
11/7 Noreaster Thread

Rib

If it snows, I'd imagine the roads would be wet only anyway. My concern is any winds and gusts which could topple trees already compromised. I've seen several large branches and trees leaning on lines in the area. All we need at this point is more power outages after power has just been restored.

All the people at my work rely on me for predictions...not sure what to say about this one...looks like sharp cutoff..

post-1008-0-04812000-1352132890_thumb.gi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the people at my work rely on me for predictions...not sure what to say about this one...looks like sharp cutoff..

At RDG, I would tell them, "We'll most likely see light accumulating snow, but it's not set in stone. We could see up to 6-8" or as little as nothing. The best bet is somewhere around 2-3 inches."

At RDG, I would tell them, "We'll most likely see light accumulating snow, but it's not set in stone. We could see up to 6-8" or as little as nothing. The best bet is somewhere around 2-3 inches."

Love it!!

0-8 inches possible...We I'm hoping for 8...thanks!

If it snows, I'd imagine the roads would be wet only anyway.

Under the deformation band the roads will, at least, get slushy. Quite possibly they will get snow covered for a time. It could really crank which will negate the warm road temps for a little while. However, still a great deal of uncertainty where the deform band will end up.

GFS has been showing the sharp precip cutoff to the west in eastern PA. (Side-note: Joe Snedeker on WNEP in NEPA showed the 00Z GFS on the news this morning lol. love when he does that so i dont have to look it up myself.)

Euro has been more bullish on pushing precip further west i guess. HPC looks like they are leaning toward a compromise, if not more toward the Euro.

GFS has been showing the sharp precip cutoff to the west in eastern PA. (Side-note: Joe Snedeker on WNEP in NEPA showed the 00Z GFS on the news this morning lol. love when he does that so i dont have to look it up myself.)

Euro has been more bullish on pushing precip further west i guess. HPC looks like they are leaning toward a compromise, if not more toward the Euro.

Yeah, HPC would imply major Euro bias. Although, the GFS and even the NAM 12Z both have shifted things inland somewhat compared to 12 hours ago. Should be interesting to see if the 12z Euro holds ground.

Hard to read on the 12 GGEM, but looks like decent precip doesn't make it too far past I-95 for most of the event. Low stalls east of the Delmarva and fills before moseying ENE. Probably still bad for the NJ coastline.

Yeah it keeps the precip closer to the coast. Another thing we may have to watch is that compact vortmax. It may restrict how expansive the QPF shield gets.

Yeah it keeps the precip closer to the coast. Another thing we may have to watch is that compact vortmax. It may restrict how expansive the QPF shield gets.

The GGEM closes off the ULL pretty fast & south imo which doesn't allow the advancement of the precip. This is going to be all about timing as usual lol.

I think if you took an average of all the models Philly would work out to be in the deform zone, EURO should be interesting. Interesting how GFS/GGEM show it over Delaware. I would HATE to be a tv met. for this storm.

If you are a good on-air met, storms like this are where you can cash in on experience and show the power of your skills to the audience. That brings in good ratings and makes your boss happy.

I think if you took an average of all the models Philly would work out to be in the deform zone, EURO should be interesting. Interesting how GFS/GGEM show it over Delaware. I would HATE to be a tv met. for this storm.

True...and Philly area is a good a guess as any...but in these setups where you have to be under the deform zone where it is modeled all over the place seems like it rarely just sets up in the middle of all the solutions...more often its one, or the other....or the other....or the other.

Archived