Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
11/7 Noreaster Thread

Rib

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just hope that if a stall is persistent in the modeling, it stays to the NE of the Jersey shore.

As more intense as the current GFS is, the phasing is slightly slower than the previous euro and thus gives the low 980s nor'easter a chance to get east of us before slowing down. Still would be at least two high tide cycles of problems not to mention the wind, rain.

As more intense as the current GFS is, the phasing is slightly slower than the previous euro and thus gives the low 980s nor'easter a chance to get east of us before slowing down. Still would be at least two high tide cycles of problems not to mention the wind, rain.

If we get warm air in the mid levels but the lower levels stay cold, IT could happen. You know what I'm talking about.

It's not a good sing that it trended towards a more wrapped up farther west solution than the earlier runs.

78 on euro deep trough starting to go neg.

deja vu all over again. GFS coming into line with Euro too. Will be interesting to see what the ensemble members of the GFS and Euro show later for 12z. As Tony pointed out earlier, the big issue now may be not IF this will occur, but how strong and where the phase/stall/slowdown occurs. Just where all that occurs will have a huge impact on further beach erosion along Jersey. I frankly don't think anyone outside the Pocono's and far NW Jersey get any appreciable snow from this, so for me, the concentration going forward is strength, placement and resultant coastal flooding.

Archived