• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
11/7 Noreaster Thread

Rib

NAM shows the potential of this storm. Thing is really deep & slow moving. Step towards EURO, I'm hoping they meet halfway to give us a snowstorm wink.png

in terms of deepening storm yes, but its thermal profile for the area is like the gfs though. The nam almost has more of a sleet sounding, though the surface is way to warm

NAM_218_2012110512_F63_40.0000N_75.0000W.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JB tweet "ECMWF idea is where I am here and it's been consistent and ugly. Heavy snows inland could knock out power from DC to NJ"

see, this is where JB gets too much into hypster mode. With very few leaves left on trees in the potential snow zone, 4-8 inches of snow even if it verifies isn't going to bring that many trees onto power lines. His statement is irresponsible IMHO.

We all know thermal profiles are questionable this go around. It's climo.

Tom, while the sounding is "warm", we don't get under the deform band on the NAM. Dynamic cooling is the way of the beast here. You can look at the sounding all you want, but you also got to take other things into consideration.

1. Where does the deform band set up

2. Does it cool the column enough ?

3.how much snow for Drexel Hill compared to thundersnow in broomall.? (Just for laughs there)

Timing will be key. Where this low starts to bomb and set up shop will be key. Too early, we torch, too late, we miss out on the deform.

We all know thermal profiles are questionable this go around. It's climo.

Tom, while the sounding is "warm", we don't get under the deform band on the NAM. Dynamic cooling is the way of the beast here. You can look at the sounding all you want, but you also got to take other things into consideration.

1. Where does the deform band set up

2. Does it cool the column enough ?

3.how much snow for Drexel Hill compared to thundersnow in broomall.? (Just for laughs there)

Timing will be key. Where this low starts to bomb and set up shop will be key. Too early, we torch, too late, we miss out on the deform.

i agree with that but where is this cold air coming from? thickness wise doesnt even support snow around the city...even on the euro it has a cold pocket of sub 540 thicknesses but that is displaced down by dc and south lns to abe on north and west i def can see snow but around the city i see rain/snow mix or snow that never accumulates.

The 12z NAM really rachets up the wind potential along the coast. IMO, this is the most serious aspect of the storm. It would be great to see the first snowfall of the season to get it behind everyone, but I think 2-3 inches outside the Poconos/NWNJ is about it for potential, and Irishbri74 is right that the needle must be thread in order to get that. More likely snow is in the air, with a slushy 1/2" being the rule.

see, this is where JB gets too much into hypster mode. With very few leaves left on trees in the potential snow zone, 4-8 inches of snow even if it verifies isn't going to bring that many trees onto power lines. His statement is irresponsible IMHO.

in South Central PA, many trees are still loaded with their leaves.

tombo to be fair I'd wait to get a sounding from the NAM until the it brings the strong uvvs overhead. I'm telling you, it's going to snow, will it accumulate? idk, but I'm honestly starting to think it might happen lol

ala the GFS, GFS brings some nice frontogenesis in the region, cant wait for soundings. Going to be a snow/slop fest imo

can't wait to see the clown map with this run.

alright euro, ball is in ur court now

Also pretty interested in seeing what the GGEM has to say given what the 48 hour prog looked like on the RGEM.

Really not liking the ACY stall/shimmy for the NJ shore on the GFS. Could that have been placed any worse?

Archived