Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
11/7 Noreaster Thread

Rib

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless people weren't being honest, from what everyone said there was an earlier peak this year than last, and this storm is later, so no matter what it wouldn't have been "as bad".

Just took this pic out my window. Most of the bigger older trees out in the distance have lost their leaves, but some of the smaller trees, including this Japanese red maple still have ALL of their leaves on it. But overall, I would agree that there was an earlier peak this year.

post-2166-0-07404900-1352142426_thumb.jp

Just took this pic out my window. Most of the bigger older trees out in the distance have lost their leaves, but some of the smaller trees, including this Japanese red maple still have ALL of their leaves on it. But overall, I would agree that there was an earlier peak this year.

Fortunately Japanese Maples usually aren't 50-100 feet tall ;)

I'm now left wondering if consensus will slowly start shifting everything slowly eastward taking the best dynamics out of our area and off the coast instead. Hmm.....

There will probably be some shifts one way or another. My biggest concern is trying to figure out where the band will set up. It's not like everyone who has measurable QPF and below 0c 850 temps will have snow. This will be dynamically driven. Big bust potential here.

I'm beginning to get cautiously optimistic that we may see accumulating snow here in Villanova, where I'm at 450-60ft or so. The pattern supports a strong coastal low, and the antecedent airmass will be chilly; models seem to be converging on 850's generally remaining at or below 0c from PHL westward. My main concern at this point is where exactly does bombogenesis occur, which will determine the axis of the deformation / CCB banding. Light precip isn't going to cut it at this time of year. We'll nee several hours of 25 dbz+ echos to pencil in some accum I think, and this is for here I'm talking. PHL center city I'm skeptical of anything more than a minor slushy accum but we'll see if the Euro holds serve over the next 24 hours.

Yeah I'd say peak was earlier by about 5 days this year. After Sandy came through, we went from about 75% leafed to 75% bare trees. All we've got left are the stubborn brown oak leaves that often take until Thanksgiving to complete.

There will probably be some shifts one way or another. My biggest concern is trying to figure out where the band will set up. It's not like everyone who has measurable QPF and below 0c 850 temps will have snow. This will be dynamically driven. Big bust potential here.

Yup. Forecasting is fun.

Nary a mention of snow in the cities with the latest briefing.

1. Briefing package was issued prior to the latest Euro run (upon which most of the latest potential-for-snow-in-the-cities discussion is based)

2. We all know that Mt. Holly will not prematurely sound the alarms, but will issue an intermediate update (prior to the next scheduled briefing package) if conditions warrant--i.e. the 0z models/ensembles begin to converge on a solution including the NAM, SREF, etc.

3. They may just be waiting for a 2:30 am play-by-play of tonights 0z Euro by Tompopcorn.gif .

The Highzenberg storm, eh?

So what you're saying is...there might be some uncertainty with this one?

Ba-dum-bump (cymbal crash)

You can pinpoint precisely where it snows but there's no way to know how much will fall. Otherwise, you can know precisely how much will fall but there's no way to know where it is.

Archived