Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Hurricane Sandy OBS

SquatchinNY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we put the bust calls to rest?

I think I called bust too early on this storm...Irene wasn't very impressive here but we're getting strong gusts over 60mph with Sandy and the wind is now constant. We've had sheets of rain sweeping through the roadways making driving absolutely perilous, and the electricity is clearly on the edge of shutting off for the evening. Upton is now saying we may see 80-90mph winds.

Can't believe how unimpressive the storm is from where I am sitting. This is not a "this storm is a bust" post. Just observation. CPK hasn't recorded a gust over 52 or 54 I think. People are just walking around outside. Leaves getting blown around...

Of course, power has flickered, so I realize I am taunting karma with that post.

Some tree limbs down...gusts...but I just got home. Driving not an issue. I can't say I'm "unimpressed"....the overall magnitude of the storm is incredible. How it formed is incredible. But it's effects here are hardly "devastating", or anything like that. Feels kinda like after a strong cold front has passed....not exactly like a hurricane. Maybe it's because we've had nothing more than drizzle and maybe because I've seen this type of damage and downing of tree limbs during a usual high wind event

Archived