• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
SNE First snows - who sees the first flakes?

HoarfrostHubb

Well, since we have a 100% correlation between 7" October snows in ORH and lousy winters, where and when do you think we see the first SNE flakes (outside of GC of course, where they have 6-12" otg already)?

And yes, I am shamelessly stealing the NYC thread

I think you see this first........... :weenie:

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you be afraid of flakes in October?

I get the fabricated fear of measurable snow in October because of 2011 and 1979...but flakes happen all the time in the interior in October.

It's got old wives tale cred - if that much - and that's about it. we've seen snow in october followed by blockbuster years and vice versa.

it's entirely non-substantiated in the stats. aside from the fact that it's impossible to draw any confidence in a study that has so few in the sample set.

Why would you be afraid of flakes in October?

I get the fabricated fear of measurable snow in October because of 2011 and 1979...but flakes happen all the time in the interior in October.

Winter 2011-2012, but you already know that.

I'm not afraid of it and welcome it, lol... but I can see the superstition behind it. Its like why do pitchers in MLB jump over the first and third base foul lines, or any other number of superstitions pro ball players have.

"I stepped on the first base line one time and gave up 10 earned runs in 5 innings. The next time, I jumped over it and threw a no-hitter."

"This one time we got 1-2 feet of snow in October and then it didn't snow again for the rest of the winter. The season before we didn't get any snow in October and had a record breaking series of storms in the heart of the winter."

Archived