• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Medium/Long Range Discussion

tombo82685

LOL - JB is not having his best month.... but to be fair on that map it looks like that is the most he would forecast - 4 to 8....but you always need to keep in mind his strong SE bias - no doubt that even goes for the midwest!! Bet on 2"!!

lol the SLP tracks right through Chicago. No way NW Indiana sees 8"

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL - JB is not having his best month.... but to be fair on that map it looks like that is the most he would forecast - 4 to 8....but you always need to keep in mind his strong SE bias - no doubt that even goes for the midwest!! Bet on 2"!!

Paul - Not sure what your angle is but you probably shouldn't be posting JB's forecasts here.

FWIW, the week between Christmas and New Years does not look terrible at this point. Not ideal but that midweek storm next week has a chance as a SWFE (Canadian models it as such at this point).

To me, if the models show the banana high with that block, that storm will try and cut but redevelop somewhere south. Euro ens do this basically.

00zecmwfens850mbTSLPUS240.gif

This is a discussion thread so why can't we post other's thoughts here and discuss?

YOU DOWN with J.B.?????

J.B., how can I explain it

I'll take you frame by frame it

To have y'all jumpin' shall we singin' it

J is for Joe, B is for Bastardi scratchin' temple

His forecasts...well...they're not that simple

Bust it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAsiPlDIKqM

from HM in sne thread

Gradient patterns can come through for your area. Currently it is not and I agree that it is a bummer we don't have cold air around. Really this blocking is a joke. A legit blocking pattern in the polar fields producing those kind of h5 anomalies that are matching to "2010" on the CPC site is NOT what we are dealing with.

Cold comes in just in time for the holidays with an active southern stream. Things will continue to get colder and snowier in the Plains for sure and ultimately that gradient will come way south in New England.

I'm even starting to think I'll see snow down this way between Christmas and New Years.

Uh....where else can it go - it is medium /LR discussion right??

I just don't consider JB/AccuHM/DT/Steve D to be worthy of serious discussion. They are just banter to me. I don't mean to come off as rude or anything, but it just annoys me when I see there's been replies in this thread only to see it's one of the aforementioned names.

Agree there is some hope for the 26'th, but we need a weaker midwest primary than the op GFS/Euro currently show

Yea you need that midwest storm to not be as strong. Theoretically all its doing is pumping the se ridge so much its connecting the block with the ridge. I like this threat a whole heck of a lot more than these last ones. At least we have cold air, thats the first thing. No need to worry about one particular solution til we get to 7 days out. Then some solutions may have merit.

What do you guys make of this? Not much, and usually doesn't work out, but back end snow in the LV/Poconos very late Thursday night/early Friday on consecutive GFS runs...

its hard to say...you don't know how much of that precip falls when its cold enough for snow. I wouldn't be shocked to see it in the pocs..

Looks like a consolation prize, but when you open the box it's empty.

its hard to say...you don't know how much of that precip falls when its cold enough for snow. I wouldn't be shocked to see it in the pocs..

SP - great answer... haha. I think the NWS has this forecast as well as you can given the aforementioned uncertainty.

Archived