• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Medium/Long Range Discussion

tombo82685

before ppl starting gooing in their pants, just remember the gfs is the only one showing this...that should be enough to settle down some people.

The euro has a storm, it's just a cutter-redeveloper. If the gfs & euro has the block correct, I can't see how the euro drives it straight to the lakes....

2a6e3u9e.jpg

I'm

Not saying the gfs is correct, but the euro solution seems less plausible. Maybe some type of hybrid miller A(gulf low coming inland and then jumping the coast)...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The euro has a storm, it's just a cutter-redeveloper. If the gfs & euro has the block correct, I can't see how the euro drives it straight to the lakes....

it can still drive it north, it would just have to re develop at some point. That all depends on how strong the block is. You can clearly see the diference that the euro has the block further north, while the gfs is further south. Also, the euro is developing the storm faster and pupming the hgts out ahead of it more so than the gfs which is also related to how strong the block. I like though on both models the 50/50 low.

ecmwf500mb-hgt_186.png?1355208010

gfs-500mb-hgt-mslp-174.png?1355243129

^^between th fast pacific flow, and the block, a southern slider isn't off the table. At this point in time though, gfs and euro are sniffing out an amp'd solution. That's more than we've even following since the son of sandy /no go snow even in Philly.

^^between th fast pacific flow, and the block, a southern slider isn't off the table. At this point in time though, gfs and euro are sniffing out an amp'd solution. That's more than we've even following since the son of sandy /no go snow even in Philly.

Yea, their is definitely a strong signal for a storm, be it snow or rain who knows. But i like that we have sime blocking in place and the 50/50 low, assuming the late weekend storm stregthens as progged. What i don't like is the cold air supply and the whole pacific west coast trof/ridge orientation.

Yea, their is definitely a strong signal for a storm, be it snow or rain who knows. But i like that we have sime blocking in place and the 50/50 low, assuming the late weekend storm stregthens as progged. What i don't like is the cold air supply and the whole pacific west coast trof/ridge orientation.

Well blue Line aside, a strengthening sub 990 low comin up the coast would make most people happy.

If it can do it in October, it can do it mid December

Also, take a look at the first analog for the 8-14 day period

2vt9itc.gif

That's why these analog maps are so good. I was about to poo-poo the idea of a significant snowstorm around this time because the pattern does not look particularly conducive south of NYC (and I mean, it's not ideal), but it's interesting to see two decent PHL storms show up in the analog list. Good job posting it, Tom.

I would have to think that Carolina low at 156 is an error. I suppose it could happen but I just do not buy into there being 2 separate systems near the Atlantic coast at that time frame. Either one or the other should be correct. More like would be the north system that has transferred to the coast for new England.

If we loose that error future runs we should see a more west track of a storm.

Tom, how much more West will that Block get in your view? Isn't the -NAO favoring a coastal storm solution during the D7-8 time?

read chubbs response... you need that dtorm at hr 162 to be further away it flattens the hgt lines and forces the storm under it...also drags the frontal boundry further east..i haven't looked at it fully at h5 im on my phone working lol...but

The extra system on the 17th likely won't be there. As a result the wave on the 18-19th should be further northwest. I could see a cutter into eastern KY then transfering to a secondary for the 18th-19th. This results in the best chance for snow across southern IN-OH, WV and then northwest of I-95. Saw this a lot back home. Many days to track this still at least we have something to talk about now. Again these my personal thoughts not NWS.

Archived