amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Medium/Long Range Discussion

tombo82685

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we keep this med-long range talk....

doing some "self mod" now......but am excited about DT's explanation of the rexblock and possible storm on the 26th/27th......Rob G is hinting at that time frame too for the MA (http://www.liveweatherblogs.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=viewdiscussion&groupid=4331&topicid=15045&Itemid=179)

The 0z GEFS has a Miller B signal around D8, showing that, despite several op GFS and op Euro runs honking the full-on Lakes Cutter, perhaps some hope remains.

00zgfsensemble850mbTSLPUS192.gif

00zgfsensemble850mbTSLPUS204.gif

00zgfsensemble850mbTSLPUS216.gif

The individual members are only out to 54 on Allan's site right now, but it will be interesting to see what they show.

The overall idea though is that with a persistent -PNA, a Miller A is off the table at this point (not that it necessarily was on the table at any recent point, but nonetheless...). With a pretty persistent signal for a -NAO/-AO in the period along with this -PNA, the door remains open for a Miller B. I wouldn't say the pattern favors it over a full-blown Lakes Cutter, but at least the door is open.

Edit: Yes I know it's bad to talk about track from ensemble means and disregard things you don't like, like how 850 temps would be marginal at best. But I'm just as snow-starved as you fools at this point.

The Canadian has some sort of energy transfer from a 995 mb Low on the TN/KY border to a 986 mb Low over DC that strengthens as it rides right up the I-95 corridor. Verbatim would probably be rain to snow with some light accumulations on the back end for the cities. Not that we're worried about that at this point, but it's just nice to see at least one model that doesn't keep the primary in the Great Lakes.

Euro op is rain as the primary goes through Chicago with the 26th-27th storm.

Ensemble mean goes from an open wave over MS at 192 to a weak-ish signal over Nova Scotia 24 hours later. Who knows what happens in between on the various solutions, but the quickness that it gets north makes me think that there is some other solution on the table besides a GLC primary running into an Arctic block, because if it was, it wouldn't get east that fast.

God I'm grasping at straws...

Ensemble mean goes from an open wave over MS at 192 to a weak-ish signal over Nova Scotia 24 hours later. Who knows what happens in between on the various solutions, but the quickness that it gets north makes me think that there is some other solution on the table besides a GLC primary running into an Arctic block, because if it was, it wouldn't get east that fast.

God I'm grasping at straws...

at 216 the mean has a very elongated mess of low pressure from Ohio to VA. Looks like the mean is split between a Lakes track and a coastal (or perhaps Miller B setup).

This is a probably a situation where the ensemble means for the 26'th are too far SE and too cold. The OP runs consistently show strong trough amplification in the SW

Not saying one is right or the other...but when you are 192 hrs out i would think the ens mean is prob a little more reliable than an op run. I can easily see this storm going under us just as easily as it going west of us.

What's up with the wishcasting in here today?

What are your thoughts? I can see this going under us if that high and block is correct. I can also see it going well west if it really phaes in the northern stream and connects the se ridge with the block. The -pna is the kiss of death for snow. Til that gets out of here chances of snow are very low unless and uber block forms.

What are your thoughts? I can see this going under us if that high and block is correct. I can also see it going well west if it really phaes in the northern stream and connects the se ridge with the block. The -pna is the kiss of death for snow. Til that gets out of here chances of snow are very low unless and uber block forms.

I'm not Adam, but IMO it is predicated on if the block verifies as progged.

Archived