e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Medium/Long Range Discussion

tombo82685

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam, in about 7 days should we be seeing increase in wave 1 and wave 2 response attacking the vortex? From that paper i read that the best positioning is right around the date line for low pressures, along with the high in eastern europe. This map shows extreme low pressures in the north pacific and a weak high in eastern europe.

f168.gif

For the wave map we do see a small uptick in both waves but its more pronounced in wave 1 vs wave 2, does that have something to do with the wave 1 and 2 warm and cool phases in the ALI and EEI?

waves.gif

I view Steve basically the same as JB/HM/DT.

you mean HM from accuweather i hope right? The HM from here is highly respected. I also highly respect DT as well. He rubs some the wrong way but i have no problem with that. In fact I highly respect all the mets on here, especially those from the national weather service who find the time to post their views on here. JB on the other hand, hmmmmm. Hahaha

you mean HM from accuweather i hope right? The HM from here is highly respected. I also highly respect DT as well. He rubs some the wrong way but i have no problem with that. In fact I highly respect all the mets on here, especially those from the national weather service who find the time to post their views on here. JB on the other hand, hmmmmm. Hahaha

You realize that JB is a marketing genius in that regard, by keeping his thoughts only in limited areas and not sharing them here. I mean, every winter its the same thing, another million posts about what JB thinks. Right or wrong, he knows how to make himself a valuable commodity.

I agree with your views on DT, he knows his stuff, though he is a little harsh.

You realize that JB is a marketing genius in that regard, by keeping his thoughts only in limited areas and not sharing them here. I mean, every winter its the same thing, another million posts about what JB thinks. Right or wrong, he knows how to make himself a valuable commodity.

hahaha yeah never thought of it that way before. Good point.

See above

Things are starting to look at least a little better closer towards christmas. One of the analogs for todays 8-14 day outlook was dec 26 2010. Adding up the analog months phl recevied on avg 2.8 inches. You take the boxing day snow storm out and its down to 1.8 for the month. Point being some better analogs are starting to show up. Not saying we will end up getting some snow, but the analogs are improving along with the progged pattern in 8-14 days,. Only issue is its always been in the 11-15 day period it can't get any closer.

814analog.off.gif

Archived