joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long Term Disco

IWXwx

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's do winter '11-'12 again. Liking this ... a LOT.

CFSv2.NaT2m.20121108.201212.gif

How have those maps worked out for you the last three months?laugh.png Be honest, you've posted the CFS torching the country every single fall month. What has happened? Below normal temps the first two months and a good chance of a below normal November, though a warm up may be in store in the near future, I'll give you that.

How have those maps worked out for you the last three months?laugh.png Be honest, you've posted the CFS torching the country every single fall month. What has happened? Below normal temps the first two months and a good chance of a below normal November, though a warm up may be in store in the near future, I'll give you that.

the CFS literally changes on a daily basis. In the last week it has shown December go from brutally cold to torchishly warm (and of course in between). For those who dont have access to cfs maps/links...heres a quick rule of thumb. If tropical is posting maps, cfs (obviously) is warm, if tropical is not posting cfs maps, they are cold.

Always some doom and gloomers in November about the upcoming winter. Been that way for as long as I've been doing the weather forum thing. Which is a relatively long time. Of course even if we had a widespread 6"+ OTG in mid November, people would still panic...just finding a different way to do it. I get the sense because last winter really sucked...that's the go to right now...that this winter has to suck as well. That's some shaky logic to me. Alas, we'll see how it all plays out.

get the sense because last winter really sucked...that's the go to right now...that this winter has to suck as well. That's some shaky logic to me. Alas, we'll see how it all plays out.

Not any more shaky than "Last winter sucked so this one has to be better" imo

Not any more shaky than "Last winter sucked so this one has to be better" imo

Well, for the sub-forum, I'd bet strongly that we'll all see more snowfall than we did last winter. Is that better than last winter technically? I mean, it was pretty damn bad for most. Alas, my feelings stand in that there's a carry over mentality for some on this forum. I guess it'll be what it'll be.

Appreciate it. Thoughts on the Illini? Starts tonight of course.

Bad news...I only caught the one preseason game. Total lack of ball handlers is going to completely nullify anything that Groce tries to accomplish as far as tempo and offensive scheme. We'll have to wait until he gets some guys better suited to his system.

Archived