Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 8th/9th Severe Thread

andyhb

not surprised.I lived Edison for around 2 1/2 years. Left recently

Most boring spot I ever lived for weather.

Winter storms, rt 1 split, thunder storms , marine layer killed us most times.

Winter storms we do well...last few years been jackpot....thunderstorm are meh....had a real good one a few weeks back....hail...winds and flooding....lightning caused a house fire....today meh....great shelf cloud...heavy rain...thats it

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nzucker in the brunt of that tor warn cell....

There are a couple larger branches down on my street, and the rain was very heavy with gusty winds probably in the 40-50mph range. I didn't see any evidence of a tornado, but certainly a strong storm and potentially dangerous. A few flashes of lightning as well.

Down to 74.8/71 with rain still falling.

Winter storms we do well...last few years been jackpot....thunderstorm are meh....had a real good one a few weeks back....hail...winds and flooding....lightning caused a house fire....today meh....great shelf cloud...heavy rain...thats it

yea, my wife informed it was nasty. I was at work up in NNJ.

she informed almost golf ball hail where we lived at the time.

I recall my first year where Rt 1 was the null zone though.

River Vale. North east Bergen county.

Sirens are going off all around here. Seems like I'm not the only one with tree damage.

I just talked to my brother who is on duty in Park Ridge and said there was some wind, but no reports of any trees down. flooding is the main problem he noted. Looks like the southern part of Rivervale was more favorable.

Is there a way only to get reports from people who live in the NYC Metro Area? No offense to anyone else, but the storms effecting S. Jersey, MD and Albany don't really impact NYC members.

Not sure if Albany is referring to me but I'm in NE NJ for the weekend, my observations are from the NYC metro area. I moved to Albany not long ago but still returning back to NE NJ sometimes.

Most of the past few summers this area missed out but we did have at least 3 or 4 good storms this summer so I can't be too disappointed at missing this one. Though I did expect at least a pretty potent squall line to give everybody some decent storms, but it wasn't meant to be

Yeah i missed it too....kind of stinks being that we dont get strong storms like that often...but i agree with tstorms in Edison, we just dont do well with them.

There are a couple larger branches down on my street, and the rain was very heavy with gusty winds probably in the 40-50mph range. I didn't see any evidence of a tornado, but certainly a strongly storm and potentially dangerous. A few flashes of lightning as well.

Down to 74.8/71 with rain still falling.

Congratulations nate....best of the year for you

Is there a way only to get reports from people who live in the NYC Metro Area? No offense to anyone else, but the storms effecting S. Jersey, MD and Albany don't really impact NYC members.

Thats why we have a hudson valley region and phl....did not see many post from them in here...

Yeah i missed it too....kind of stinks being that we dont get strong storms like that often...but i agree with tstorms in Edison, we just dont do well with them.

the best non winter storm for me in Edison was Irene with the winds, rain, flooding

I will cherish that memory. i made the trip to Highland Park down on the river at the park and flooding was epic

I won't cherish having no power for 4 days, trees blocking almost every street in my neighborhood including a huge one taking up my entire backyard...but the winds were cool :-)

the best non winter storm for me in Edison was Irene with the winds, rain, flooding

I will cherish that memory. i made the trip to Highland Park down on the river at the park and flooding was epic

Absolutely agree...irene takes the cake for me. The winds were unbelievable and driving down rt 1 in pitch black watching street signs sway is a weenie dream....

The 5 inches of snow we got it october was impressive....could have been worse if it did not stop snowing

Archived