• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
September 2012 General Discussion

Brewers

We are alllllll bored from 2 seasons of lackluster weather. That being said one model run doesn't get me tingly, if this continues to show up on subsequent runs then I might be interested. Nonetheless, there will at least be a seasonally strong trough to come through the region in the 144-180hr range. Whether or not it phases with any Southern stream energy and closes off remains to be seen.

Way to pour cold water on everyone's enthusiasm. I know the chances of it happening like the GFS said are low, but let the weenies have their moment. We all have them at one time or another.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big upstream ridging is no surprise in a Nino. Falls are littered with that type of setup in Nino's. The only question is where the trough will end up. 1991 had some of the strongest ever.

1991 analogs have indeed showed up several times on the CPC's 6-10, 8-14 forecast analog composites recently, as well as 1993, 1986, and 2003. My vague recollections were those were all fairly cool falls for the midwest.

Way to pour cold water on everyone's enthusiasm. I know the chances of it happening like the GFS said are low, but let the weenies have their moment. We all have them at one time or another.

It wasn't meant to be a downer post, plus I did make mention that at the very least a seasonally strong trough would roll through the area. It will be an active period either way.

Not that it matters at all but last sept 11th and 12th were almost identical torch days to this yr and went on to be a cool and wet 2nd half of the month. mke got down to 40 on the 15th...don't see that hapening anytime soon..wasn't MN down in the teens?

yeah babbitt, mn did have 19 on September 15 and 16 last year

Huh? I hit 87.9 at the house today. Upper 80s it is.

Huh? Who the F was talking about or saying MKE temps underperformed? Can you make any post on this forum worth anybodys time to read? Considering you're a Met..it shouldn't be this difficult for you.

OT - Its hard to believe the Brewers lead the NL in Runs scored without Prince and considering the team never got to hit against our bullpen.

Huh? Who the F was talking about or saying MKE temps underperformed? Can you make any post on this forum worth anybodys time to read? Considering you're a Met..it shouldn't be this difficult for you.

OT - Its hard to believe the Brewers lead the NL in Runs scored without Prince and considering the team never got to hit against our bullpen.

You might as well just asked to see a real life unicorn.

Feedest not yon trolls.

Looks like our last 80° day in this area for quite awhile.

Yeah but what about that ridge out west and all that ugly red 850 temps? Doesn't that have to come east sooner or later? October torch?

October torches are seemingly becoming more common around the eastern lakes in recent years. I still have doubts about the effects of the coming trough for the eastern lakes. Esspecially if we end up with a cut off that's positioned over MN. Lots of what ifs, but eventually a normal chill will prevail at some point. Fall is here.

FWIW... Great discos about the lack of sea ice creating torchy Falls in the forecasting thread.

Yeah but what about that ridge out west and all that ugly red 850 temps? Doesn't that have to come east sooner or later? October torch?

That ridge could get squashed south and never make it into this region.

Cool air today is strong. Temperature is going nowhere!

Archived