gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
September 2012 General Discussion

Brewers

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are Brett Anderson maps from his blog.

Hmm.. name sounds familier, is he a major warmer?

I'm sitting at +2.8 today and this is coming:

http://raleighwx.americanwx.com/models/gfs/12zgfs850mbTAnomalyNAGFSLoop.html

I'm thinking most of the midwest/lakes finished around -3 to -5.

That's my call for today. As someone else stated, not much else to really talk about beyond departures.

Hmm.. name sounds familier, is he a major warmer?

I'm sitting at +2.8 today and this is coming:

http://raleighwx.ame...yNAGFSLoop.html

I'm thinking most of the midwest/lakes finished around -3 to -5.

That's my call for today. As someone else stated, not much else to really talk about beyond departures.

I honestly don't really know. I just look at his Euro seasonal outlook maps and that is about it. I really don't read his blog.

Imagine if this system, primarily a cold frontal passage now, were a winter storm. I hope this isn't a sign to come, a big snowstorm with copious amounts of moisture progged turning into a couple inches of fluff or slush.

anafronts are not and have never been snow makers...not sure i get the comparison

Lol!

Temps under performing here today. About 83 outside.

its not the upper 80's they said yesterday..but nailed this mornings temps of 85 on top Mt. Waukegan. Nice thing is the warmups to the max temp are slower than a month ago and the temps drop off faster with the much earlier sunset.. I love all of the shade we have now after about 5:30

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WAUKEGAN

308 AM CDT WED SEP 12 2012

TODAY

SOME PASSING HIGH THIN CLOUDINESS BUT GENERALLY MOSTLY

SUNNY. VERY WARM. HIGHS IN THE MID 80S. SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.

anafronts are not and have never been snow makers...not sure i get the comparison

The bigger point is this wasn't originally progged to be an anafront. Low pressure was supposed to strengthen in the Wisconsin/Illinois region earlier this week. This turned into a weak little anafront because the computer models are so unreliable and have been this summer.

Imagine if this system, primarily a cold frontal passage now, were a winter storm. I hope this isn't a sign to come, a big snowstorm with copious amounts of moisture progged turning into a couple inches of fluff or slush.

Only thing MKE does well with is winter cutters to SE MI.. Prepare for another boring winter and low 30's" of pixie dust snowfall, hopefully.

Blowtorch L Michigan...100 inches...bank it :)

THE 12.12Z

GFS/GEM/ECMWF ARE SHOWING 850MB TEMPERATURES FALLING TO AROUND ZERO

DEGREES CELSIUS BY 12Z TUESDAY ACROSS FORECAST AREA AND THE 12.00Z

GEFS INDICATING STANDARD ANOMALIES OF MINUS 0.5 TO MINUS 1 BY 00Z

WEDNESDAY. EXPECT BELOW NORMAL TEMPERATURES ACROSS THE FORECAST

AREA TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY WITH HIGH TEMPERATURES RISING INTO THE

UPPER 50S TO 60S.

Be a good widespread frost possible next week.

Only thing MKE does well with is winter cutters to SE MI.. Prepare for another boring winter and low 30's" of snowfall, hopefully.

Sure, but there is a reason SE Michigan seems to get all the dryslots. At least we get a fair number of those, knock on wood. This year, I do agree the Eastern Lakes will cash in on most of the snows once again. Whether that means a torch, frigid winter or in between is yet to be seen, though.

its not the upper 80's they said yesterday..but nailed this mornings temps of 85 on top Mt. Waukegan. Nice thing is the warmups to the max temp are slower than a month ago and the temps drop off faster with the much earlier sunset.. I love all of the shade we have now after about 5:30

TODAY

Huh? I hit 87.9 at the house today. Upper 80s it is.

TODAY

Now I remember the high was cut this morning. Some high clouds have gotten in the way today. Doesn't feel hot with our sun angle now.

I just saved a screen shot of today's 12z ECMWF D7. When next Wednesdays 850s come in some +5 or higher we can chat about the obvious cold bias these models seem to have this time of year.

If it comes in spot on or cooler, then we can praise the model and you winter lovers can have hope about future siberian troughs.

What a gorgeous cyclone on the 18Z GFS! This is what you get out of a slightly sharper trough and slightly greater baroclinicity. 12Z CMC had a similar solution (albeit at least 24 hr slower than the GFS), but little to no love from the ECMWF or its ensembles. ECMWF has a much weaker low tracking from the northern Great Lakes into Ontario about a day earlier, but with such a broad trough forcing for ascent (e.g. QG omega) is poorly focused and you get a non-event.

IF the Euro caves then the most dynamically-favored region for perhaps seeing a few wet flakes would be the UP of MI, although such a scenario would be pulling in NE'rly wind off a still warm Lake Superior so there would almost certainly be boundary layer issues. Maybe the next one... :whistle:

post-378-0-79353300-1347489509_thumb.gif

We are alllllll weenies.

We are alllllll bored from 2 seasons of lackluster weather. That being said one model run doesn't get me tingly, if this continues to show up on subsequent runs then I might be interested. Nonetheless, there will at least be a seasonally strong trough to come through the region in the 144-180hr range. Whether or not it phases with any Southern stream energy and closes off remains to be seen.

Archived