• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Severe weather thread number ...I think XI ?

OSUmetstud

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rain wrapped and no warning, unfortunately.

I really had never looked at the NH 2008 tornado. I had heard of it but was away when it happened and never looked more closely. Really impressed by the radar from that thing... what a monster!

nice grab. that program is so good.

not that you need it - because you have that - but did you know you can also buy radarscope for your MAC? would serve as a really good lower cost alternative to something like grlevel3 or 2.

I think at some point it had a warning, but not in the beginning. IIRC.

It was warned from 1146AM-12:15PM. New warning came out 1234PM-100PM.

That screen grab from GR2 was at 1220PM.

The tornado was on the ground from 1130-1250. Rotation was broad, but impressive, prior to touchdown with 50 knots G2G at touchdown at 1130A.

That's such a weird looking storm. Usually even in reflectivity.....you know something is there. However in that case...not a freakin' clue it's tornadic until you look at velocity.

If you loop it it looks better. Pseudo bow echo on the northern end of that line.

Formed right along a burst of higher theta-e air (dews low 70s PSM) with locally backed winds in the presence of very strong speed shear (long hodographs) with 50 knot LLJ.

Shows that though many high shear/low CAPE environments don't produce... once in a while they can... and the result can be extremely impressive.

It was warned from 1146AM-12:15PM. New warning came out 1234PM-100PM.

That screen grab from GR2 was at 1220PM.

The tornado was on the ground from 1130-1250. Rotation was broad, but impressive, prior to touchdown with 50 knots G2G at touchdown at 1130A.

Wow, interesting. I didn't know about that gap.

If you loop it it looks better. Pseudo bow echo on the northern end of that line.

Formed right along a burst of higher theta-e air (dews low 70s PSM) with locally backed winds in the presence of very strong speed shear (long hodographs) with 50 knot LLJ.

Shows that though many high shear/low CAPE environments don't produce... once in a while they can... and the result can be extremely impressive.

Yeah, for sure. You can still see the damage up there too by rt 16 in Ossipee.

Yeah, for sure. You can still see the damage up there too by rt 16 in Ossipee.

While not nearly as impressive with the LLJ (25-30 knots vs 50 knots) the 8/10 MCV setup wasn't terribly dissimilar. Modest amounts of CAPE and strong deep layer shear. All of this occurred in the east side of a big/anomalous closed low. This time of year always beware the ULL to the west when you can advect very theta-e rich/high dew air point air.

Archived