• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds a bit familiar...

...MID-ATLANTIC STATES WWD THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY AND INTO THE NRN

PLAINS...

SEVERAL CLUSTERS OF SVR TSTMS WILL LIKELY RESULT IN AN ACTIVE SVR WX

DAY AS STRONGER FLOW ALOFT INTERACTS WITH MOD-STG INSTABILITY AND

FOCUSED CONVERGENCE ALONG THE FRONT AND PRE-FRONTAL TROUGH.

STG/ISOLD SVR TSTMS MAY BE ONGOING AT 24/12Z ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE

UPPER MIDWEST/LOWER GREAT LAKES REGION. THIS CONVECTION WILL MOST

PROBABLY WEAKEN SOMEWHAT DURING THE MORNING HOURS AS IT MOVES SE

INTO THE OHIO VALLEY. AS DAYTIME HEATING COMMENCES...EXPECT SVR

TSTMS TO DEVELOP/REINTENSIFY ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY AND MOVE SEWD

INTO PORTIONS OF THE MID-ATLANTIC/CAROLINAS REGION. SVR TSTMS ARE

ALSO EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ALONG A PRE-FRONTAL TROUGH EXTENDING

THROUGH ERN PORTIONS OF VA/NC IN THE PRESENCE OF A VERY UNSTABLE AIR

MASS.

MLCAPE VALUES OF 2000 TO 3000 J/KG SHOULD BE WIDESPREAD IN ADVANCE

OF THE FRONT AND REMNANT CONVECTIVE CLUSTERS ACROSS THE OHIO

VALLEY/MID-ATLANTIC STATES. 0-6 KM SHEAR WILL RANGE FROM 30 KTS

ALONG THE MID-ATL COAST TO 45-50 KT ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY.

MULTICELL CLUSTERS AND SUPERCELLS ARE EXPECTED WITH A THREAT OF

DAMAGING WINDS AND LARGE HAIL. IF STORMS CAN ORGANIZE PERPENDICULAR

TO DEEP-LAYER FLOW THEN A MORE WIDESPREAD THREAT OF DAMAGING WINDS

WILL EXIST. THIS THREAT WILL BE REASSESSED IN LATER OUTLOOKS.

I think the SPC is bit too far south, at this time i see the best MCS (possibly a derecho) will form in N OH/N IN in the morning, and head ESE, into WV/PA then MD/VA, looking at the soundings out of KPIT , conditions tomorrow look right for a nasty wind event, with hail/isolated tornado or two possible, i won't be surprised if we see a Moderate Risk when ingredients get panned out, like June 29th

i remember being in a 5% risk in the morning then go to 45% wind and hatched, and we have to watch Thursday, most active week since late june

I think the SPC is bit too far south, at this time i see the best MCS (possibly a derecho) will form in N OH/N IN in the morning, and head ESE, into WV/PA then MD/VA, looking at the soundings out of KPIT , conditions tomorrow look right for a nasty wind event, with hail/isolated tornado or two possible, i won't be surprised if we see a Moderate Risk when ingredients get panned out, like June 29th

i remember being in a 5% risk in the morning then go to 45% wind and hatched, and we have to watch Thursday, most active week since late june

Maybe but models continue to shift it further south into deep southern VA and NC. I cant see the areas you mention being hit.

Grasping at straws, I suppose, but both the WRF-NMM (NCEP) and HRRR have development beyond the MCS that dives down from Ohio through WV. The NMM takes a little cluster from Toledo through Pitt and then turns it into this:

post-1746-0-77227600-1343127667_thumb.gi

The 00z NAM was somewhat on board with bringing storms east, but the 06z NAM has shot that down. The locally run WRFs are shutouts for the DC/Balt metro.

The line of storms that the HRRR has hitting MD/DC is forming up near Pittsburgh right now... one storm already has a severe warning on the northern tip of WV.

The timing is all wrong on the HRRR. The 09z run has nothing where the storms are right now. It doesn't pop them up by Pitt until noon, and then sends them through us by 3-5pm. If that little line holds together, it will be here in a few hours.

The timing is all wrong on the HRRR. The 09z run has nothing where the storms are right now. It doesn't pop them up by Pitt until noon, and then sends them through us by 3-5pm. If that little line holds together, it will be here in a few hours.

Yeah, the timing is off, but it's got the general idea of the "where" at least.

Storm motion's been pretty consistent, moving southeast at 40-45 mph. Looks like that front cell should be hitting the MD border in a little over an hour.

Archived