EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
July 9-20 2012 Obs and Discussion

mattmfm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good...moisten those soils and cause the sun to use more of its energy in evaporation so those ridiculous temps are reduced.

yeah instead of 105/55 we can get 100/72 ;)

Foot's Forecast is a group of high school students I believe who forecasts for this area and has a strong following somehow. People think they are amazing.

the public has a very low threshold if you keep them excited

Foot's Forecast is a group of high school students I believe who forecasts for this area and has a strong following somehow. People think they are amazing.

They forecasted the 2 Feb 5-6 and 9-10 storms correctly when everyone else was being conservative (non-hyping). A couple of news stations aired it and they got short term fame and have been popular with people who don't know anything about the weather since. Their "mentor" is an environmental science teacher with no educational background experience in meteorology. Basically, blind high school students leading the blind about the weather.

They forecasted the 2 Feb 5-6 and 9-10 storms correctly when everyone else was being conservative (non-hyping). A couple of news stations aired it and they got short term fame and have been popular with people who don't know anything about the weather since. Their "mentor" is an environmental science teacher with no educational background experience in meteorology. Basically, blind high school students leading the blind about the weather.

It's definitely a discussion for another place/time but just have to say this -

A blind squirrel will eventually find a nut. If they hype everything, SOMETHING will eventually come true. So I don't necessarily know if they forecasted it correctly - more like they used their typical strategy and somehow came out on top.

It's definitely a discussion for another place/time but just have to say this -

A blind squirrel will eventually find a nut. If they hype everything, SOMETHING will eventually come true. So I don't necessarily know if they forecasted it correctly - more like they used their typical strategy and somehow came out on top.

Sounds like some of my SNE friends actually- but only a couple

Archived