joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow, here? Not Wed? First one I have seen say this. Good catch if it happens. I was under the impression debris clouds were all that would be here.

I posted yesterday in this thread (i think) that we could have MCS activity at night tomorrow.

I do like how Wednesday looks for a relatively narrow area along and south of the Pike. Could be impressive in our backyard.

Side-door coastal just past this local....NICE.

About to get popcorned..... ^_^

It's actually interesting to see that feature be so strong on base reflectivity when we have trees swaying from the W in metrowest. That's a bit unusual.

ah, I see -

High res visible imagery loop reveals a small low level ...beta mesoscale low just NE of CC. The backside of the small gyre, as weak as it is, is giving the seabreeze a bit more momentum than would otherwise be the case with west winds over 10kts. Interesting. Too bad we are relatively capped because that would a nice boundary to fire off something more than these nuisance showers.

Just looking at some stuff from 12z runs now that I have a second and yeah if we're able to maintain decent shear and realize these Mixed layer CAPE values I think we're in business for something good. Best looking threat of the last several.

Hey the SREFs try to bring storms in here tomorrow aftn. I'm wondering if we do see some sct stuff move in?

Otherwise, CT/RI and maybe up to BOS look good Wednesday. Euro seems slow, but I wonder if it a wee bit too slow? Either way..it's only two days out and threat is decent?

Hey the SREFs try to bring storms in here tomorrow aftn. I'm wondering if we do see some sct stuff move in?

Otherwise, CT/RI and maybe up to BOS look good Wednesday. Euro seems slow, but I wonder if it a wee bit too slow? Either way..it's only two days out and threat is decent?

Yeah I'm fairly impressed. Will spend more time with this tomorrow but at least from the little I've seen it does show some promise.

Archived