12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent mesocyclone on that storm just west of Newburgh.

I was just looking at mesoanalysis and if that pocket of 0-6 shear of 30 knots can work in here soon helicity values aren't too bad with it and instability over our area isn't too bad. Might be able to get an isolated severe storm here...maybe posing a microburst threat.

What is wrong with what I posted? You're frustrated with the rain missing most of your viewing area..I get it.but why be a dick to me?

It is? How do you think summer-time storms work? Parts of our viewing area are going to get a pretty nasty thunderstorm. ASOUT.

Just because it doesn't thunderstorm in Tolland doesn't mean it was a fail... especially since most of us have pegged the NYC metro region (i.e. southwest areas) as the most likely to see soemthing.

It is? How do you think summer-time storms work? Parts of our viewing area are going to get a pretty nasty thunderstorm. ASOUT.

Just because it doesn't thunderstorm in Tolland doesn't mean it was a fail... especially since most of us have pegged the NYC metro region (i.e. southwest areas) as the most likely to see soemthing.

First of all DXR is the NYC area..Noone cares about DXR on the board in SNE except someone that lives there which other than Quincy..I don't know who does.

Secondly..most had northern and western SNE pegged for heavy rains..not fairfield Cty.

I could care less if I get heavy rains..but it would have been nice if folks in and around HFD or CEF or ORH or BOS had gotten some decent rains

First of all DXR is the NYC area..Noone cares about DXR on the board in SNE except someone that lives there which other than Quincy..I don't know who does.

Secondly..most had northern and western SNE pegged for heavy rains..no fairfield Cty.

I could care less if I get heavy rains..but it would have been nice if folks in and around HFD or CEF or ORH or BOS had gotten some decent rains

Well, DXR is New England and I think every met that has posted about this threat says it looks better for southern and western areas and northern and eastern areas would be more marginal. Seems like that has played out perfectly.

Not to mention the fact the "event" isn't even over. Models show potential for convection after 00z.

Well, DXR is New England and I think every met that has posted about this threat says it looks better for southern and western areas and northern and eastern areas would be more marginal. Seems like that has played out perfectly.

Not to mention the fact the "event" isn't even over. Models show potential for convection after 00z.

Fair enough..but no need to be a doosh to me

Fair enough..but no need to be a doosh to me

Well you keep posting the radar looks like crap. Not sure why you expected (or anyone for that matter) that it would look any different? I don't mind "wow, what a bust" posts when something isn't playing out as forecast but it seems to me most of the good posters on this board expected exactly what is playing out to happen.

Well you keep posting the radar looks like crap. Not sure why you expected (or anyone for that matter) that it would look any different? I don't mind "wow, what a bust" posts when something isn't playing out as forecast but it seems to me most of the good posters on this board expected exactly what is playing out to happen.

Most of the met posts this morning targeted northern and western SNE..not Fairfield County..so you are incorrect on that aspect

I was under the impression that 00z-06z was when SNE would have a few storms.

Archived