12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the flooding is well beyond 16, its all the way down, it contiues to rip here another cell has moved up, unbelievable rain rates.

any wind damage in Darien, trees bending to the brink should have brought down some weak stuff, calling my cousin now who is noroton heights volunteer, hope everything is ok down there.

It mostly all went south of me - sure, plenty of rain, but the lightning never got closer than several miles from here.

Actually, it seems like I'm in a bit of a lightning 'hole' - even though I'm at the top of a nearly 500-foot hill, it seems that something to my west just naturally diverts most of the lightning and the severe wx, either to my north or south.

Not that I'm complaining (much) - I'm happy that my electronic stuff is not in (much) danger.

Long Island Sound getting pounded now.

any wind damage in Darien, trees bending to the brink should have brought down some weak stuff, calling my cousin now who is noroton heights volunteer, hope everything is ok down there.

didnt see anything but a lot of fire alarms going off, didnt get up to the real wooded areas

I'm not too excited about Wednesday. Looks like the boundary layer dries out with an early wind shift with the best forcing staying north. Too bad because lapse rates and wind fields will be decent. If we can keep boundary layer moisture up we'll be in better shape.

Went for an hour with no thunder, but now the sound of distant thunder has started up again.

Not sure what direction it is coming from though, but about every ten to twenty seconds there's another faraway boom.

(might be coming from the stuff below Greenwich... but maybe from the West instead)

edit: yes, it does look like the stuff that was below Greenwich is getting closer (although it will probably pass by to my south) - getting louder and louder here...

Archived