12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be real humid this afternoon down here. No mixing out the dews today given how things look just upstairs on the 12z soundings.

I'm surprised we don't have more elevated stuff other than that lonesome cell northeast of NYC that died. I looked at the soundings for OKX and CHH.

KI of 38 at OKX and 9 at CHH..lol. So basically that's a massive column of juice moving east.

I'm surprised we don't have more elevated stuff other than that lonesome cell northeast of NYC that died. I looked at the soundings for OKX and CHH.

KI of 38 at OKX and 9 at CHH..lol. So basically that's a massive column of juice moving east.

lol yup.

Yeah I see that out your way too. Just hope we can get some of that east. GFS and Euro seem robust even here, but I'm not so sure it's that widespread as it shows for this area. I could see some good rains if a low does develop.

a lot of guidance has that feature popping up over E areas. i hope it materializes.

Yeah me too. I see some pros for that. I guess I'm a little skeptical if ti happens...but I hope.

Yeah we need the rain. Only about .05" here so far this month.

There's a big KI spike and I've noticed that the globals seem to enhance the low level wind fields overnight...hoping that weak but developing jet working with a super juiced airmass is enough to produce a larger shield of showers/elevated thunder overnight.

It's annoying because if it develops someone could get soaked...but if you're not fortunate enough to be near it...you probably get next to nothing.

Yeah we need the rain. Only about .05" here so far this month.

There's a big KI spike and I've noticed that the globals seem to enhance the low level wind fields overnight...hoping that weak but developing jet working with a super juiced airmass is enough to produce a larger shield of showers/elevated thunder overnight.

It's annoying because if it develops someone could get soaked...but if you're not fortunate enough to be near it...you probably get next to nothing.

Yeah that's one of the pros for sure. It does have a warmfront and coldfront look to the precip shield on HRRR and even current radar.

We're supposed to be heavy Rainers here

Yeah late today. I don't think anyone expected anything in CT until well after 18z.

AWT thunderstorm over Putnam County should be near DXR within the hour. Threat for +RA/thunder goes on after sunset I think as well.

Archived