• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2012: Upstate NY

well i'm pretty sure the dry soil in our backyards wasn't going to make or break the day lol. I'm very happy with a dewpoint of 71...that's pretty damn juicy.

I wasnt saying that whatever little moisture was left would contribute to the thunderstorms lol. I was just saying that the soil is just getting even dryer than it was.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasnt saying that whatever little moisture was left would contribute to the thunderstorms lol. I was just saying that the soil is just getting even dryer than it was.

If anything is going to mess this up it will be marginal large scale lift. Southern Canada/Northern NY has good lift with the shortave right now...that's why they are getting storms and areas further west and southwest are not.

Scorcher today...not sure why it took ALB until mid-afternoon to issue a Heat Advisory. Perhaps they were banking on some lower dews today? Would be nice to get a nice light show tonight, we'll see if any of the convection along that line entering NNY can hold together. Friday is looking pretty awesome...temps only in the 70's?

Wowww! Can see quite a light show from the top of the hill at Buffalo and Quaker street looking to the north! Awesome! Must be a flash literally every 1-2 seconds, and its 50 miles to my north. Anyone else around BUF watching this spactacular show?

When was the last time that you guys had mere than .50" of rain?

I was just up in Oswego and everything was brown and dead.

Wowww! Can see quite a light show from the top of the hill at Buffalo and Quaker street looking to the north! Awesome! Must be a flash literally every 1-2 seconds, and its 50 miles to my north. Anyone else around BUF watching this spactacular show?

Seeing very faint flashes from the SAME linear T-storm line you are seeing!! Aiming right for me......come to papa!!! :)

Ive had the great pleasure of playing some softball while watching that line pop over the lake Ontario shore. Amazingly illuminated vertical cloud growth under the setting sun, it was incredible.

Prodigious amounts of lightning as well...

That outflow boundary is going to be a tricky bastard now.... I still have some potential for it to blow up a little as things converge near the Roc, but this thing is looking a touch blown out.

In the death throes of that storm complex last night, a small line developed and gave us a .32" T storm ...around midnight.

So add it up and got some drought relief... Sat: .40" Sun .25" Tue/Wed: .32"

But the first two installments dried up really fast when the searing sun hit it.

Same out this way....radars were cranking just to my west last evening, heading this way....and our area ended up with a 30 second shower....literally.

Some interesting stuff on the Chautauqua ridge....almost looks like some sort of lake enhanced, orographic lift scemario....and they are getting dumped on pretty hard.

post-912-0-11017200-1342747657_thumb.gif

Ya with the lake being 77 degrees and the temps up on the ridge in the 50s no doubt theyre getting some enhancement/orographic lift. Got almost 1/10th of an inch now, not alot but anything helps and its a light but steady rain. Just checked the high temp for tomorrow and the NWS is showing 70 for me. That will be very welcome. Also to my surprise the current temp here is only 60.6. Perfect weather for this time of year :)

Archived