Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Summer 2012: Upstate NY

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks more like a 7-day forecast for San Diego than Buffalo. Better enjoy it while we can with fall on the horizon....

This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 77. West wind 6 to 9 mph.

• Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 56. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
  • Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 80. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph.
  • Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 58. South wind around 8 mph.
  • Thursday Sunny, with a high near 82. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph.
  • Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 60.
  • Friday Sunny, with a high near 84.
  • Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
  • Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
  • Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 86

This looks more like a 7-day forecast for San Diego than Buffalo. Better enjoy it while we can with fall on the horizon....

This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 77. West wind 6 to 9 mph.

• Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 56. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
  • Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 80. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph.
  • Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 58. South wind around 8 mph.
  • Thursday Sunny, with a high near 82. Southwest wind 7 to 14 mph.
  • Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 60.
  • Friday Sunny, with a high near 84.
  • Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 62.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
  • Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
  • Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 86

Absolutely beautiful! This last year of weather has been the best in Buffalo's history I bet. No rain, sun and warmth for a straight year. Our reputation of being cold and snowy all the time needs to change so more people move here!

Climate Prediction Center has us "above normal" as far out as they go into winter 2013-14. I guess this is the new normal.

I've told people I really wouldn't allow myself to fully enjoy what has been a remarkably lovely summer until it was over and we had had a normal

fall and winter!

Just offhand, can anyone tell me when BGM last had a below-normal temp. month?

Felt like ****. you should be enjoying yourself at the Ralph though 7-0 right now against the Steelers :)

How bout them BufaLOL Bills? That lead that they had fell apart pretty fast.

I don't know how some people could like this kind of weather, it got up to 84 degrees today, but tomorrow should be that last day of this crap, the evening and night thunderstorms should put a temporary end to the heat for a few days before it will make a return around next weekend, and hopefully that will be the last of the heat until next summer.

How bout them BufaLOL Bills? That lead that they had fell apart pretty fast.

I don't know how some people could like this kind of weather, it got up to 84 degrees today, but tomorrow should be that last day of this crap, the evening and night thunderstorms should put a temporary end to the heat for a few days before it will make a return around next weekend, and hopefully that will be the last of the heat until next summer.

Was reading an old thread on EasternWx from early September 2010 and the temps were in the 50s with lake effect rain bands and 40mph winds. That sounds so nice right now.

Was reading an old thread on EasternWx from early September 2010 and the temps were in the 50s with lake effect rain bands and 40mph winds. That sounds so nice right now.

I remember that event. We had some pretty intense cells and strong winds, with decent size waves. It was pretty miserable walking around outside but cool to observe.

How does that sound nice? Do you not enjoy outdoor activities? Was at Woodlawn beach with my parents yesterday drinking Long Islands, listening to a live band, playing beach volleyball, and swimming....

What sounds nicer?

Oh yeah, sitting inside staring at my television watching theThe Weather Channel... :facepalm:

How does that sound nice? Do you not enjoy outdoor activities? Was at Woodlawn beach with my parents yesterday drinking Long Islands, listening to a live band, playing beach volleyball, and swimming....

What sounds nicer?

Oh yeah, sitting inside staring at my television watching theThe Weather Channel... :facepalm:

@ BuffaloWeather....you obviously don't really get weather if you don't understand how a unique intense Lake Effect rain event could be exciting/interesting/nice thing to experience for us Met fans.

We've probably had almost 120 days of gorgeous weather so far this spring/summer. We'll probably get another 45 beautiful days between September and October. I would gladly take a couple days of cool nasty lake effect rain to hole up inside, read some books, and just enjoy the sights and sounds of a "real" weather event.

If you are truly interested in meteorology, you are pretty much going insane by this time of the year. It has been an extremenly uneventful 4 months around here.

And when a great event does come around, I certainly don't sit around watching the weather channel.

@ BuffaloWeather....you obviously don't really get weather if you don't understand how a unique intense Lake Effect rain event could be exciting/interesting/nice thing to experience for us Met fans.

We've probably had almost 120 days of gorgeous weather so far this spring/summer. We'll probably get another 45 beautiful days between September and October. I would gladly take a couple days of cool nasty lake effect rain to hole up inside, read some books, and just enjoy the sights and sounds of a "real" weather event.

If you are truly interested in meteorology, you are pretty much going insane by this time of the year. It has been an extremenly uneventful 4 months around here.

And when a great event does come around, I certainly don't sit around watching the weather channel.

+1

Felt a lot like fall this morning, got down to the 50's and it is going to be in the upper 60's to lower 70's today. I love this weather, too bat it is going to get hot again by the end of the week.

Looks like it only got up to 70 today with dewpoints in the 40s. Tonight will probably get down into the 40s inland and low 50s by the lake.

No I enjoy active weather. I do believe it belongs in its proper season. Those wishing for colder weather, rain, wind in summer annoy me and it honestly makes entirely no sense. I enjoy going outside and enjoying the sun, beach, warmth that summer/late spring/early autumn offer. I also enjoy the snow for boarding during winter. Of course the meteorological side is intriguing when seeing hours and hours of rain and cold, but for me it ruins the entire day, especially if I have off of work.

I truly enjoy meteorology, but do not need to have crazy events happening in my backyard constantly to enjoy them. I've enjoyed following the Isaac discussion the last 2 weeks more then any event Buffalo has had the last year and a half. There are almost always amazing weather events occurring all around the world, not hard to find them. I will be patient for ours to hit, but won't "hope" for them at all. Until such an event occurs I will hope for sunshine and warmth to enjoy the last few months of outdoor activities. It also helps me maintain my fitness as winter I usually put on a few lbs. Its a lot of work to maintain my 6 pack and bench of 250. The gym gets old all winter, I enjoy running outside! These are just all my opinions of course! =)

I mean whats fun or enjoyable about 40s at night? I just do not understand? That is cold, most put there heat on and have increased gas bills (Unless you don't pay them)

Only dropped to 55.8 here not sure why :/

As to BuffaloWx I can understand your views but mine are different. I enjoy the summer too in ways as when its not too hot (above 85) i enjoy sitting outdoors reading, taking a bike ride, riding my motorcycle through the hills, playing football, and going swimming but its been like this since March practically this year! There were days of temps in the 80s in march where I had to put the AC on and electric bills have been much higher than an average summer this year, this has been the hottest summer of my lifetime and I believe is the warmest year on record so far for Buffalo. Im not a heat person at all, anything above 85 with strong sun in the summer makes me feel sick to be honest. I also work outdoors, when its hot everyday it makes my job even harder. Makes me sweat more, makes me more tired, and get horrible sunburn (yes I take percautions). Winter for me is fun. I enjoy the snow. Makes me happy , even just to watch it fall. I do winter activites too but thats not even the main reason I enjoy winter. I dont mind driving in the snow, if you take your time in the winter and dont drive like an idiot when the roads are covered in snow or ice youll be fine, and I drive a little dodge neon! The meteorological standpoint from winter is always much better IMO as there are many more dynamic events. Huge deep lows over the GL that produce 60+ mph winds, and heavy rain. I always love the nor'easters that often bring us rain and snow to higher elevations early in the season. To see the gradient of where its rain vs snow is absolutley fascinating to me. I love lake effect events. Waking up on a mid September morning to darkness in your room and you look outside and its nothing but clouds and rain and then you look at radar and see its a small band right over your house and surrounding areas is awesome. Feeling the chill and seeing the beauty of the leaves changing in the fall is a wonderful change after months and months of heat, brownish grass, and green leaves. I could go on and on but I wont.

Archived