Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2012: Upstate NY

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the longer nights. I hate waking up to bright sun coming in my window. Sunrise after 7 AM suits me.

Probably the amount of daylight around October is my favorite...sunrise around 7 and sunset around 630... That's enough daylight for me.

Of course the advantages of even shorter nights in Winter are obvious, so as long as it means more cold/snow then the shorter the days the better. :)

:huh: Your a very confusing young man. I'd say 99.9% of the population would not enjoy that. To each there own I guess. Also, electric is a far cheaper form of energy then gas/heat is. My electric bills are like 30-40 a month with constant AC running. Even though the majority of the time fans work, since it does not really get that hot here. My gas bills are $100-200 in the winter each month.

However, to get this thread back on track looks to be close to 90 and sunny tomorrow. Drought may approach 10 inches below normal at Kbuf relatively soon if we do not get any rain. So maybe a LES band over Buffalo might be helpful for those farmers! =P

Today was a nice day, got up to 76 degrees, tomorrow should be a lot cooler then today.

We are almost to winter :)

I love the longer nights. I hate waking up to bright sun coming in my window. Sunrise after 7 AM suits me.

Probably the amount of daylight around October is my favorite...sunrise around 7 and sunset around 630... That's enough daylight for me.

Of course the advantages of even shorter nights in Winter are obvious, so as long as it means more cold/snow then the shorter the days the better. :)

LOL, you really hate anything that has to do with summer.

I hate how during the summer the car get so ****ing hot that burn my hands on the steering wheel.

vinyl seats are the worst.

It didn't help that the a/c in my car was broken this year and not worth fixing at over 1k for a new system. Getting through a Summer like this with no a/c in the car makes it seem twice as hot. Then a few weeks ago a buck decided to nose dive into my hood and that sort of made my decision for me on getting a new vehicle with working a/c before next Summer.

Thank goodness it's over. A very pleasant 57 here at midnight.

The next two months are boring as hell usually, but very comfortable and pleasant wx-wise. And you have all the speculation about the coming winter which is fun...though I take winter forecasts with two grains of salt.

Today was a nice day, got up to 76 degrees, tomorrow should be a lot cooler then today.

We are almost to winter :)

LOL, you really hate anything that has to do with summer.

I hate how during the summer the car get so ****ing hot that burn my hands on the steering wheel.

vinyl seats are the worst.

just back fro a little beach vacation in Ogunquit ME. Nothing like water so cold it hurts your feet on Labor Day. So clean though, compared to that red wormy seaweed crap down in Rhode Island. Love that you can walk out 1/4 mile at low tide and people are playing bocci on pristine flat, packed down sand where the ocean was a few hours before. No rocks, sea shells......perfect. Only downside was that I felt like I was sharing the beach with half of the population of the Province of Quebec. I had 6 annoying 20yr old French speakiing guys that set up behind me who brought a blow up sex doll with them for attention :axe: . The density of people downtown reminded me of being back in NYC Chinatown on a Saturday afternoon, not to mention I quickly found out that Ogunquit is Provincetown north for the gay community.

just back fro a little beach vacation in Ogunquit ME. Nothing like water so cold it hurts your feet on Labor Day. So clean though, compared to that red wormy seaweed crap down in Rhode Island. Love that you can walk out 1/4 mile at low tide and people are playing bocci on pristine flat, packed down sand where the ocean was a few hours before. No rocks, sea shells......perfect. Only downside was that I felt like I was sharing the beach with half of the population of the Province of Quebec. I had 6 annoying 20yr old French speakiing guys that set up behind me who brought a blow up sex doll with them for attention :axe: . The density of people downtown reminded me of being back in NYC Chinatown on a Saturday afternoon, not to mention I quickly found out that Ogunquit is Provincetown north for the gay community.

Was that a male blow-up doll!!! LMAO

Beautiful labor day. I turn 25 tomorrow, getting quite old! Spent the day at the beach, water was crystal clear, 70-75 degrees and 85-90 air temperature. Gorgeous sunshine and received a nice sun burn! Currently sitting in the back yard drinking coronas and enjoying the last few weeks of summer. This definitely beats winter!!! =)

Beautiful labor day. I turn 25 tomorrow, getting quite old! Spent the day at the beach, water was crystal clear, 70-75 degrees and 85-90 air temperature. Gorgeous sunshine and received a nice sun burn! Currently sitting in the back yard drinking coronas and enjoying the last few weeks of summer. This definitely beats winter!!! =)

Yep, this was a great unofficial end to the summer. Couldn't have asked for a better summer weather-wise if you like sun, water, and any other outdoor activities.

Still sitting at a very balmy 81 degrees at 8:30 PM after hitting 90 degrees at KBUF today.

Yep, this was a great unofficial end to the summer. Couldn't have asked for a better summer weather-wise if you like sun, water, and any other outdoor activities.

Still sitting at a very balmy 81 degrees at 8:30 PM after hitting 90 degrees at KBUF today.

Yeah! Another warm weather lover! I enjoy all seasons, winter and summer being my favorite. But I know Buffalo has many months of cold and snow practically guaranteed. Warm and Sunny days are rare and I enjoy them more then Cold and Snow because I know how rare they are. But this year has had the opposite, maybe its a trend! =P

Archived