• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2012: Upstate NY

September is just as hot as June...

Anyways Tornadoes/T-Storms are just as fun as snow storms IMO. However, we have had none of that, so heat and sun will have to do. Has been perfect beach weather all summer so far!

Well in september the leaves are changing (at least starting to) which is always a sign that the snow is on its way! I agree tstorms are fun but not as fun as snow storms, which we havnt had much of either this past year (snow or tstorms) making it a very boring weather year.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so...this is been a boring summer locally. Things don't look as good up here...but thankfully I'm headed in NYC Saturday afternoon where the setup may be more favorable. The MA/NE regions don't get highlighted in the Day 3 outlook too often.

Saturday is starting to look more interesting as the front holds up. NAM still has 850s of 22c in BUF during Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately due to limited lift and height falls we may just have to be happy with elevated convection along and behind the front.

Saturday is starting to look more interesting as the front holds up. NAM still has 850s of 22c in BUF during Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately due to limited lift and height falls we may just have to be happy with elevated convection along and behind the front.

At least if its elevated the lake wont kill it.

Maybe its just me but i think BUF will struggle to hit 90 today. Theres been a STIFF southwest breeze at 15mph sustained all morning and were only at 84 as of noon. Whenever we have a stiff sw breeze the airport struggles to get to or past 90. Im going for a high of 89 at BUF. Meanwhile its 87 here in OP with a 70 degree depoint making it feel like 93 degrees.

Also theirs a heat advisory up along the south of lake Ontario counties. Batavia in Genesee county is already at 93.

Maybe its just me but i think BUF will struggle to hit 90 today. Theres been a STIFF southwest breeze at 15mph sustained all morning and were only at 84 as of noon. Whenever we have a stiff sw breeze the airport struggles to get to or past 90. Im going for a high of 89 at BUF. Meanwhile its 87 here in OP with a 70 degree depoint making it feel like 93 degrees.

Also theirs a heat advisory up along the south of lake Ontario counties. Batavia in Genesee county is already at 93.

I think we'll have a late high today...4 or 5pm. Hottest air is still advecting in from the west. We are little slow to start since 850s are only about 19c right now. Still 86/70 at BUF at 1pm...not too shabby. I think we hit 90 but I can't disagree with your logic.

It spritzed off and on for a couple hours here, but could never even wet the dirt. I guess that is a T. Coming up on a solid month now with no more than .25" cumulative.

My lawn is going brown all over, but so be it...saves gas on mowing and frost will take it out in a few months anyway. :)

I have been watering my new scotch pine saplings.

Today is not tough to take,,,nw wind blowing pretty good now and 77F.

0.04" of precip here. Everything slid to our southwest. Good bye lawn.

I'd say low 80s tomorrow...low 80s Tuesday...mid-80s Wednesday...88/89 Thursday...90 Friday...90 sat...90 sun

Pretty warm week all things considered. Hell of a way to run a cool down.

These dry antecedent conditions are really making our days with lower humidity and lots of sunshine alot warmer than forecasted.

Gonna be a big LES season. Warm lakes.

Eh not neccesarly... This past year Lake Erie was 80 degrees (All time warmest) but we didnt see any real significant lake effect events at all. If the lake gets up to or surpasses 80 this year which I think it will considering its already 75 degrees , i think well have a very good year in terms of lake effect. Last years pattern was just so god awful we couldnt get any cold air aloft for lake effect and when we did the air was much too dry or there was too much shear. With a weak Nino possible by the time we get to late fall winter I think it could be a very good year for cold and snow around Upstate. Best analog i can see is 2002-2003. Still mighty early though. Lets wait till late August/early September and we'll have a better feeling about this upcoming winter.

Archived