Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2012: Upstate NY

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey they measure these droughts by departure from normal over a period of time, etc... The reality is that the top few feet of the soil is absolutely parched ...so to the naked eye it looks like a severe drought across a lot of this area.

Low of 62 here...apparently headed to the upper 80's. HHH stereotyical day.

From Met Don Paul:

Part of the Niagara Frontier is now under Moderate Drought conditions–a relative rarity:

http://www.nrcc.corn...ge_drought.html

Hey they measure these droughts by departure from normal over a period of time, etc... The reality is that the top few feet of the soil is absolutely parched ...so to the naked eye it looks like a severe drought across a lot of this area.

Low of 62 here...apparently headed to the upper 80's. HHH stereotyical day.

happy friday the 13th! Lol. I know they measure drought as departure from normal like you said, but man is the soil bone dry. It hurts my back to run on the grass because its SO hard

Surprised to see that according to my rain gauge, it says we actually a full half inch (.5").... I guess it absorbed so fast that you couldn't tell.

TBH, my lawn is so shot that I was just as happy not mowing. Now it will start to wake up a bit.

Shocking development! It actually did rain lightly for a few hours. I'll guess maybe .2" at best..... Hazy sun is out now.....

t

NAM MOS is smoking hot tomorrow. 95 for BUF and IAG and 98 for ROC and DSV.

GFS MOS is a relatively tame 87 for BUF.

Didnt the NAM have 100 for BUF a few fridays ago and we landed up hitting 89 or 90?

And tuesday into wednesdays our best shot at rain but even the GFS with its elevated dewpoint problems isnt showing much at all.

P.S. Lake effect season starts in a week :)

Didnt the NAM have 100 for BUF a few fridays ago and we landed up hitting 89 or 90?

And tuesday into wednesdays our best shot at rain but even the GFS with its elevated dewpoint problems isnt showing much at all.

P.S. Lake effect season starts in a week :)

The raw model had 100 degrees. MOS wasn't this warm last week. MOS uses the model but it factors in climo. It uses to multiple linear regression to determine temps wind etc...that's why it's better at forecasting temps than the model itself. 00z GFS MOS which has been running too cool is now up to 89 for tomorrow. 95 will be tough with a 20 kt WSW wind though.

The raw model had 100 degrees. MOS wasn't this warm last week. MOS uses the model but it factors in climo. It uses to multiple linear regression to determine temps wind etc...that's why it's better at forecasting temps than the model itself. 00z GFS MOS which has been running too cool is now up to 89 for tomorrow. 95 will be tough with a 20 kt WSW wind though.

Yes it will be. I'm gonna actually go with 90 for KBUF because it always has a very hard time when theres a stiff SW breeze. Did you happen to catch wivb's vividcast on the 6 or 10 oclock news? Spit out 100 for a few locations in Niagara and Orleans counties.

Yes it will be. I'm gonna actually go with 90 for KBUF because it always has a very hard time when theres a stiff SW breeze. Did you happen to catch wivb's vividcast on the 6 or 10 oclock news? Spit out 100 for a few locations in Niagara and Orleans counties.

nah I was working until 11pm. We might be dealing with a bit of clouds tomorrow, so I'm not convinced on the 100 degree temps. That being said, we will be starting out much warmer at 850 than we were during that last week when we did hit 90. BUF will above 20C by 12z.

new spc has outlook has slight risk for BUF...2% tornadoes for northern most areas...30% wind for central Erie County northward and 15% hail for central Erie County northward.

Have a feeling they will fizzle by the time they get to me. Once they drop into that lake breeze they should start to die off or at least weaken. Someone around Youngstown might catch a nice boomer later.

Have a feeling they will fizzle by the time they get to me. Once they drop into that lake breeze they should start to die off or at least weaken. Someone around Youngstown might catch a nice boomer later.

the lake breeze shouldn't be a factor around 8pm to 11pm when the most favorable variables for severe thunderstorms occur.

the lake breeze shouldn't be a factor around 8pm to 11pm when the most favorable variables for severe thunderstorms occur.

Well lets hope we can see some nice thunderstorms. I just dont see anything big happening here. Too damn dry. Idk though maybe, dews will be close to 70 and temps in the low to mid 90s.

Archived